Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan X-Trail what do you think I should offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hard to tell - you need to look at them all in person and decide which is in the best nick and you like best.

Also if the little extra road tax for the diesel will be worth it for you ( you wont have to do alot of miles to recoup it I would imagine ) and it should retain its value a bit better.

All seem like a lot of car for the money to be honest - you could do a lot worse than the xtrail I reckon.

10% should be achievable for cash - well start there anyway ( tell them about the other ones )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Maybe drive one first. Carzone is full of them, yet I rarely see one on the road - makes me wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'd definitely agree with the diesel option. I know someone who planned on buying one of these but ended up with a pathfinder instead. I've no idea what put them off but you should go drive one or two before you make up your mind. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

LolaDub wrote: »
    .... I know someone who planned on buying one of these but ended up with a pathfinder instead. I've no idea what put them off

...there were some fab finance deals on Pathfinders, to shift them, and they robbed sales off the X-trail, that's why !

Pathfinder nicer to drive than Landcruiser, btw.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would only consider the diesel model to be honest, the 2.0 litre petrol is heavy on juice and gutless. X-Trails are difficult enough to sell second hand and I would go as far as saying that the 2.0 litre petrol one could be sale proof when you go to part with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

bazz26 wrote: »
    I would only consider the diesel model to be honest, the 2.0 litre petrol is heavy on juice and gutless. X-Trails are difficult enough to sell second hand and I would go as far as saying that the 2.0 litre petrol one could be sale proof when you go to part with it.

+1

grand machine as a car but even for light towing total disaster, alcholoic on juice & no torque

Diesel is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

snowman707 wrote: »
    +1

grand machine as a car but even for light towing total disaster, alcholoic on juice & no torque

Diesel is the way to go

+1 on the towing, a mazda 3 towed the boat up a slipway with no bother and the X-trail was just slipping lol.

If anything, Op, as said go for th diesel, petrol will be sale proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Defo go for the diesel.
    These suv's are turning into good value now - like if you got a diesel one for €9995 with warranty,tank a juice,a free service and the like - you'd be doing ok.
    As said, they are not a bus for towing as they are front wheel drive, but for dropping the kids of to school, doing the shopping and all the other typical suv stuff, GRAND! - really roomy inside, big boot and light and airy. They do suffer from sunroof rattles - check this, it could drive ya mad!
    This shape is out since 01, and there is shed loads in the uk if that interests you.

apart from that - not bad, not bad at all for the money.

Defo go for the diesel.
    These suv's are turning into good value now - like if you got a diesel one for €9995 with warranty,tank a juice,a free service and the like - you'd be doing ok.
    As said, they are not a bus for towing as they are front wheel drive,

Fairly sure the petrol were two wheel drive, and the diesel were 4 wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Fairly sure the petrol were two wheel drive, and the diesel were 4 wheel.

could be? is it a competition cos its not for me Gary.

• Advertisement

could be? is it a competition cos its not for me Gary.

Lol, no i was just saying for the OP's benefit! What's past is past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 00D911

Defo go for the Diesel had the 2.0 petrol and it was an animal on the juice, got a lend of the 2.2 Diesel while my own one was being serviced and theres a huge difference in the fuel consumption and theres plenty of poke in it too.

Also dealt with the Garage that are sellin that Diesel one before and they are very pleasant Dealers which makes a change from most of them !!

Advertisement