Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons Portlaoise

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone advise a good driving instructor in Portlaoise?

Also, roughly how much are driving lessons? Special bulk buy offers etc?

Thanks,
    Fiona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Don't know about cost, but I found Eugene Keyes (himself) very good years ago when I was learning. Also I hear Yvette Lewis is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

iv been through all the teachers in portloaise like the plague!! I failed my driving test 4 times and got it on the fifth. i used most of the driving instructers there.

the best in my opinion is mick hogan. he works from the dept of agriculture building in portlaoise. its called hogans school of motoring.

he has the credentials!! worked for a guard for 30 years teaching driving lessons in templmore garda college. then he retired and worked in limerick as a driving tester. he left that and then started his own business. he is €30 an hour and very very thorough so id defintily recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Have my test next week and can't get lessons anywhere, everyone is booked up in Portlaoise, seeminly for weeks.
    No recommdations as can't get lessons:(, just book early if you do get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

stevoman wrote: »
    the best in my opinion is mick hogan. he works from the dept of agriculture building in portlaoise. its called hogans school of motoring.

I was just about to recommend him too! :D Passed my test the first time around with him, he's a great teacher. Also did the rounds before that and found one or two to be a bit creepy tbh.

A friend of mine had Eugene Keyes and said that he was a great teacher too :D (passed her test the first time too)

Best of luck with your test anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I passed my test first time after lessons from Eugene Keyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

Thanks everyone. Will go with Michael HOgan I think. Sounds like a winner for me. Plus if he could teach all those guards then I'm sure he'll be able to teach me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭contentking

Yep, Michael Hogan is a great guy. I'm doing one lesson per week with him and couldn't be happier with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kala239190

HI. maybe give some contact details for (phone) on the Hogan? thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

From Goldenpages:

Hogan School of Motoring
    Portlaoise Road Abbeyleix Co. Laois

* Tel: (086)6020783

Further to the above I finished my lessons with Michael and passed my test just before Xmas. Was my first time and with no driving except the lessons I did with Michael. Motoring away happily now. Couldn't recommend him more if you need lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kala239190

I refresh the topic. my friend has exam in 2 months. How now looks an exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement