Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

blue tint Headlight Bulbs for Mazda 3

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I have a Mazda 3. I would like to put blue tint Headlight Bulbs in it.
    I like the look of the blue Headlight Bulbs in the Mazda 6 and some of the BMW Out there what id like to no is. Is it just a matter of buying blue tint Bulbs?
    Or do I have to get some thing else for the car as well. And how much would it cost for the bulbs.

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Do u mean xenon lights ?

I've a mazda 6 but the blue lights in it are cos i've expensive bulbs in it which give out more light, tempted to put hids in it though, think the kits cost around 150 ish quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Zorba wrote: »
    I've a mazda 6 but the blue lights in it are cos i've expensive bulbs in it which give out more light
    Any halogen bulb with a blue tint on it will give out less light than it would have if it were white. Tints are filters, they block light.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

keitht wrote: »
    Is it just a matter of buying blue tint Bulbs?
    Or do I have to get some thing else for the car as well. And how much would it cost for the bulbs.

Thanks Guys

On the BMW you are thinking of a Xenon HID kit which is around 1800 as an extra with BMW.

You can buy HID kits on Ebay and many many other places but the colour of the bulb can be different in them all.

You can get 4500KN up to 8500KN. The higher the KN rating the more blue it gets and then goes up as far as being purple. The higher rating you go the less light it gives off.

The same applies for Xenon upgrade bulbs. These are probably what you would be best going for. They are simply halogen bulbs with a blue colour on the lens. Some are called Ice blue or similar which have a much darker lens. The darker it is the less light you get off it.

Osram Nightbreaker or Philips, PIAA bulbs are the best. The Osram have an 80/20 light blue tint on the bulb which gives off a brilliant light with 10% whiter light. Much better light than any standard halogen.

Do not be fooled by Halfords bulbs for example. They are expensive and give off little light, they are mostly for show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

dont waste your money - they are crap - annoy oncomming cars and are just not cool. my bro got some there for his audi and you cant even tell if they are on or not driving around the city.

If you want proper Xenon then thats a different story...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

Thanks every one forgetting back to me. just one more thing is it one size fits all cars with these bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No.

Mazda 3 03+

Non HID

= H7 Dipped beam
    = HB3 High Beam/Main Beam
    = 501 sidelights
    = HB4 Front Fog

H7's are the most common bulb for the dipped beam.

Advertisement