Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CO2 based motor tax rates

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Have an 02 octavia 1.4... last years tax was €292
    Just got a renewal notice from dept of transport saying this year it's €333.

I checked the rate bands and the figures are €290 for band C and €430 for band D. I'm a bit confused where they got this €333 figure from...

apologies (presume this has been covered before) but I did a search for motor tax and co2 and got rakes of threads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,247 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

minikin wrote: »
    Have an 02 octavia 1.4... last years tax was €292
    Just got a renewal notice from dept of transport saying this year it's €333.

I checked the rate bands and the figures are €290 for band C and €430 for band D. I'm a bit confused where they got this €333 figure from...

Co2 band rates only apply to cars registered from 2008 onwards.

Your 02 car stays on the old engine size based system, the same as last as last year, just take into account that the Government raised the motor tax rate by 9% in the budget, this is to take effect from 1st Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Oh right, thanks bazz... spose it's only fair with with the improvement we've seen with our roads :rolleyes:

€292 +9% (€26.28) = €318.28
    I think they need new calculators, someone's getting €14.72 for nothing!
    Does Gus Gorman work at motortax.ie???
    movie14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

minikin wrote: »
    Oh right, thanks bazz... spose it's only fair with with the improvement we've seen with our roads :rolleyes:

€292 +9% (€26.28) = €318.28
    I think they need new calculators, someone's getting €14.72 for nothing!
    Does Gus Gorman work at motortax.ie???
    movie14.jpg

It went up 9.5% effective Feb 1 08 and will increase 4% effective 1 Jan 09, so technically you avoided this year's increase and are only getting next year's. You've saved €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Ah nice one... haven't got away with any increases unfortunately

€292 +9.5% (€27.74) = €319.74 .... feb increase
    €319.74 +4% (€12.79) = €332.53... jan increase

They want 333 lids off me...Gus is still making 47c on each transaction :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Vote Green Party #1
    johngormley.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

LOL, I think come the next election they wont get a vote anywhere nevermind no.1!!!:D

Advertisement