Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got nice ink and piercings and you're not shy? Perfect!

Options
  • 03-12-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hye folks,

some of you will know me from about the board. I am an amateur photographer and have been thinking about an interest Portrait Project. Basically i am looking for people with plenty of ink or metal who might be interested in doing a shoot.

Ideally i will be compiling quite a few shots of individuals into a collection, maybe looking for about 10 to 15 pieces overall.

If anyone would be interested in this then let me know. If you want to check out my stuff then just click the below, it links to my Portfolio on Flickr.

http://flickr.com/photos/altogether-aido/sets/72157610591609005/

I haven't really done anything like this, and i'm far from a pro so it's really me asking strangers for favours ( something Will is very used to:pac: ).

Anyway, if it floats your boat at all or you have any question just ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've offered to take pics of peoples tattoos/piercings before too Dragan, but didn't have any uptake on it. You're a much better photographer than I am (for now! ;)) so hope you get some uptake on it!

I don't think I've enough ink for what you'd want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If ya need me I'm up for it. Far from an oil painting though dude but have somewhat interesting piercings and a small side piece.

*Stickied*

I know Dragan, sound lad so stickying this for a lil while to help him out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Cheers Will! I will most likely sort something out with yourself if only for the practice and to show other people here what i hope to do!

And thanks Damo, i wouldn't consider myself anything special but with time and patience i'll get there!

Just to add, i am Dublin based, so will be working solely in that area, geographically speaking.

Cool beans, should be interesting to say the least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm up for it also, but my ears are probably my only interesting modded parts :p

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    I'm up for it also, but my ears are probably my only interesting modded parts :p

Bad ass! PM on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm in. Will be back in the country in two weeks or so if that suits? Also can you photo shop me to look huge?

I'm in. Will be back in the country in two weeks or so if that suits? Also can you photo shop me to look huge?

Bad ass. Would love to get a nice shot of that back piece of yours! Your a legend Emmet, cheers mate.

As for the photoshopping, i can make you look huge, but can't make you look good looking i fear!:pac:

Dragan - Maybe you aren't, but your output quality (and quantity!) is way up from my own!

Just to clarify - Are you looking for lightly/medium/heavily modified bodies? Tattoos, piercings, either or both?

Just to clarify - Are you looking for lightly/medium/heavily modified bodies? Tattoos, piercings, either or both?

Anything. I know that sounds like a cop out but i want to show all sides of the Body Mod style, from the person who gets that one personal tattoo to the guys likes Raze Them All!!!! ( your famous across boards mate ).

Literally, the more variety i can get in this the better.

It's important to me that i also capture the person who has the ink done, that i am not putting you in any clothes or situations or poses that you wouldn't like, or aren't you. As such, the wardrobe will be the clothes people show up in on the day, we'll spend some time shooting the **** and relaxing as i learn a little bit about the person, their personality and from there we move on to taking the shots.

I find people know how best to dress themselves to show off their work, they have their own confidence and style and that is also what i want to capture.

Not just the Mod, the person who got it done as well.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Tis an awesome idea and hope it works out :) I'm way too shy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

I'd be up for it, for reals! :)

Dragan wrote: »
    Anything. I know that sounds like a cop out but i want to show all sides of the Body Mod style, from the person who gets that one personal tattoo to the guys likes Raze Them All!!!! ( your famous across boards mate ).

Literally, the more variety i can get in this the better.
    You had me at "Anything." ;):p
    It's important to me that i also capture the person who has the ink done, that i am not putting you in any clothes or situations or poses that you wouldn't like, or aren't you. As such, the wardrobe will be the clothes people show up in on the day...
    And kinda lost me at that one! :( My tattoos are on the backs of my shoulder blades, so dunno how you'd work that one...

If you're up for the challenge of that, then I'd be up for it! ;)

You had me at "Anything." ;):p

And kinda lost me at that one! :( My tattoos are on the backs of my shoulder blades, so dunno how you'd work that one...

If you're up for the challenge of that, then I'd be up for it! ;)

Well, the idea would be that if someone is comfortable with exposed flesh then i'll shoot it. So lets say a guy has a load of back and chest work done, but he's not the show off type, there is not a lot we can do there. If he has no problem standing there with his shirt off for a while, we are good to go!

Well, the idea would be that if someone is comfortable with exposed flesh then i'll shoot it. So lets say a guy has a load of back and chest work done, but he's not the show off type, there is not a lot we can do there. If he has no problem standing there with his shirt off for a while, we are good to go!

My stuff is on my back, and while I'm not the show-off off type, I've no problem showing people my tattoos. Not exactly the body of a god either (unless you count Buddha ;)) but I've no problems with this, and again would give a little more variation to your project!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

New on this forum but suppose this would be as good a way as any to meet sum people. I'd be up for it, and I have right arm, wrists, left forearm and bit on my back done, so if thats any help to you just let me know! Joey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

lol I'm famous??? I'll be up for it but all my piercings are gone, planning on lobe stretching this month. I could probably wrangle a mate of mine in...he's got some good stories...like he has a deadly jesus calf tattoo purely because he didn't have 10e on him for the other tattoo he wanted, some nice piercings too

Edit:as for the exposing flesh thing most pics of me are of me in only shorts so i don't really mind.

My stuff is on my back, and while I'm not the show-off off type, I've no problem showing people my tattoos. Not exactly the body of a god either (unless you count Buddha ;)) but I've no problems with this, and again would give a little more variation to your project!

Awesome. Your in. You'll be able to spot photographic opportuinities that i will miss as well! lol
    joey100 wrote: »
    New on this forum but suppose this would be as good a way as any to meet sum people. I'd be up for it, and I have right arm, wrists, left forearm and bit on my back done, so if thats any help to you just let me know! Joey

Excellent stuff! Your on the list as well.
    lol I'm famous??? I'll be up for it but all my piercings are gone, planning on lobe stretching this month. I could probably wrangle a mate of mine in...he's got some good stories...like he has a deadly jesus calf tattoo purely because he didn't have 10e on him for the other tattoo he wanted, some nice piercings too

Edit:as for the exposing flesh thing most pics of me are of me in only shorts so i don't really mind.

I figured you wouldn't, what with the fighting in your smalls thing that you do! lol

Excellent folks, I'll be checking out with a friend to see if i can use his set up ( he has a nice studio room in house with the relevant lighting ) so as i soon as i get the nod from him i'll start ogranising shoots with people!

Will most likely aim to do two people in the same shoot, so as to not have it drag out too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i'm up for it, and put mark down too, i'll make him expose his skinny, coloured body :D

he is so skinny isnt he :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

yeah, he's even starting to get the little pot belly that malnourished ethiopian children have

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Id do it too,hav my arms an chest done,an I suppose it would be a good excuse t take my clothes off sober hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'd be up for this, and I have the body of a god!

(well, a god who's really let himself go . . .)

Ears, labret and nipples pierced (11 in total), wee tattoo on my left arm and a half sleeve (In progress) on my right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Bad ass. Would love to get a nice shot of that back piece of yours! Your a legend Emmet, cheers mate.

As for the photoshopping, i can make you look huge, but can't make you look good looking i fear!:pac:

I'll go the Ruhl way then huge and ugly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

id be up for it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I'm in if its still goin!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

im not that inked or metal-ed but if im wanted im in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm getting my first tattoo next wednesday if a fresh one would be of any interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sounds like a really really interesting project, man.
    chance ill be home in january, if you're still going by then, i'd be well up for it.

• Advertisement

i'm up for it, and put mark down too, i'll make him expose his skinny, coloured body :D

Excellent.
    Sweenox wrote: »
    Id do it too,hav my arms an chest done,an I suppose it would be a good excuse t take my clothes off sober hahaha

Good stuff, although if it helps we can get drunk and then take the photo's. Will know which ones they are by all the blur and beer bottles in 'em.
    Sofaspud wrote: »
    I'd be up for this, and I have the body of a god!

(well, a god who's really let himself go . . .)

Ears, labret and nipples pierced (11 in total), wee tattoo on my left arm and a half sleeve (In progress) on my right.

Bad ass. I was hoping someone would have a piece that wasn't completed. perfect!
    id be up for it:D

Sweet!
    I'm in if its still goin!! :)

It is, and you are!
    Nools wrote: »
    im not that inked or metal-ed but if im wanted im in!

It's the more the merrier right now!
    Teferi wrote: »
    I'm getting my first tattoo next wednesday if a fresh one would be of any interest to you.

Another thing i was hoping for! Excellent.
    sounds like a really really interesting project, man.
    chance ill be home in january, if you're still going by then, i'd be well up for it.

I wasn't expecting this many people to be honest, so it'll still be going in January i would say!!

Guys, this is awesome. I'll have more details for you all tomorrow! Thanks a freakin' million!

Advertisement