Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead - Death Toll+Dead Air on Versus

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm a little confused. I've definitely played Death Air on Versus before online without having downloaded anything - unless it's automatically downloaded via the server? The interesting thing was that they were 'campaign' games but appear as Versus once you join - so you don't actually know this before joining. Is this what the issue was i.e only being able to play Dead Air unofficially on versus...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh, you shouldn't have. Valve only enabled the other two campaigns. The reason being (apparently) that while the versus maps appear the same as the co-op campaign maps, they're not. They have extra paths etc for the infected team to use. And stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Has anyone tried it out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Stephen wrote: »
    Eh, you shouldn't have. Valve only enabled the other two campaigns. The reason being (apparently) that while the versus maps appear the same as the co-op campaign maps, they're not. They have extra paths etc for the infected team to use. And stuff.

Yeah what was happening was that I was joining campaign games, only to find that they were actually enabled as versus - so it wasn't real versus in the sense that this fix allows in that it wasn't a user choice to play!

Advertisement