Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBTs in the island of Ireland

• 03-12-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

Hi. Was lookin to buy a pair of MBTs for the missus for Christmas, have her size and everything. Any ideas where I'd get the best value?

Never bought them before, so some extra info would be appreciated. You can't get them in every shoe shop, right?

I'm based in the Meath area and would be willing to travel north if they are cheaper up there as alot of things appear to be these days.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

You really, really need to try them on before buying.. Her size in a normal shoe is not the same thing, I wouldn't buy them without her there. Also, they teach you to walk correctly in them when you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks. I actually told her that I was going to get her a pair cos I was afraid of that, so she definately won't complain about coming along. Still going to pick her up a couple of smaller things so there's still a surprise element ;)

So could you point me in any particular direction as to where the best value would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭markpauldunne

there's an MBT store down the road from me in temple bar (fownes st.)
    They have a sign in window 135 reduced from 210.

Good man, thanks. Might give them a call to see what styles that offer applies to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gottago

Hi
    If you do a search for mbt and another for mbts on this forum, you will get a lot of helpful suggestions. . I know that Unicare in Kilbarrack and Omni had these offers a while ago but only in certain sizes. I bought mine in Collis's pharmacy in Phibsboro for 99 euros a couple of months ago. Pharmacies appear to be selling them cheaper than other stockists so it wouldn't hurt to ring around.
    Hope that helps

• Advertisement

GF got fitted in a store where the price was €209. Ranh around and the cheapest I got quoted, in Dublin, was €209. Some sale pairs in certain sizes and models.

Anywho, bought them from a UK based e-bay store for €68 including postage :D
    That's a saving of over 70%!

Ordered on December 13th, were posted in the 16th and they arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Hi, does anyone have any updated prices? I tried a pair on in Manchester for 90 Sterling and they felt great. I didn't realise they were so expensive here. Does anyone know if they're cheaper here now?

Advertisement