Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car insurance: age vs experience

Options
  • 03-12-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

i'm 28 and have never driven, if I was to look to get insurance on my first provo, would you expect it to be massive because of being a newbie, or not as bad because of my age?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Not as bad because of your age... but still expensive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

btw, I know it'd be alot cheaper to have the car registered in the dad's name and me as a 2nd driver, but that could carry other complications

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You think you'd be a bit old for the daddy scam at this stage. It is a term of the contract that the primary driver has to be the main driver of the car. You're also better off getting your own insurance as that's how you build up a no claim's discount and that's what makes your insurance drop with experience.

Advertisement