Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Tryes

• 03-12-2008 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I paid €400 for four new tryes today for a Renault Clio 1.2 .. Just wondering if any one else has had to do the same and if so how much did they pay. I have a funny feeling I have paid over the odds for this. The tyres by the way. were not the top of the range option either.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I paid €80 per tyre on a VW Golf. €100 per tyre seems a bit expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

oneilj29 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I paid €400 for four new tryes today for a Renault Clio 1.2 .. Just wondering if any one else has had to do the same and if so how much did they pay. I have a funny feeling I have paid over the odds for this. The tyres by the way. were not the top of the range option either.

I paid 80 a tyre (including local fitting price) for 17 inch low profiles for a Laguna a few months ago. 100 for the Clios tyre size seems a bit much, unless its fancy brand?? www.camskill.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

You can usually get a good deal if you go to your local independant.

I use Confey Tyres in Leixlip

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

What size are your tyres?
    Why dont you check out eiretyres.com and have tyres delivered to your door. Average 14in tyres are anything from 40euro upwards and you would get average 15in for aroung the 60euro mark.
    Then they have fitting stations here where you pay around ten euro per tyre to fit. That could potential save you 100 - 200euro per set of 4 tyres.

i bought tyres for her car recently but I live in cavan and the winter wether and small roads up here are lethal so I don't skimp on tyres. She has a focus, 1.4 , 14in alloys, I got Dunlop SP Sport01's for 90euro a piece. They are very hard to get, I had to order them in and wait 3 days but I'd recommend them, they are a great tyre, 2 thread patterns but thats just my personal opinion.
    The eiretyres website allows you to view tests they have performed on different brands, hope this helps and good luck on your next purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

Paid €45 each for tyres - 13inch. including fit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

oneilj29 wrote: »
    Hi All,

what brand were they and also what size? the size will be on the side of the tyres (185/70R14 or something in this format).

Advertisement