Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream with snakes

Options
  • 03-12-2008 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

I've looked a few sites to try and expalin what it means. My dream goes like this:

I'm watching a woman in her late 40s handling two large-ish snakes they look a bit like a coral snake the person handling them is a bit nervous but is reassuring her that they are harmless. The woman puts the snakes back in the glass tank when out of nowhere the snakes start attacking her and only her, she barely survives. I think 'cause it was at this point that I woke up I felt fine when I woke up I did think to my self I she was ok.

But It's been puzzling my all day what was the meaning behind it. I'm not satisfied with any of the explainations I've found on the internet. So can anyone interpret the above for me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 kazza81

this may make no sense at all but the only thing I can think of is that snakes represent wisdom and knowlegde, and maybe them attacking the woman(which could be a version of you), means that there is something in your life life that either your not accepting and need to accept, or its precognitive of some big thing that you will find out about that is being kept secret at the moment, but I could be completely off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

That was the problem I was finding that snakes represent so many different things, from death to rebirth, phalic symbols (I don't want to be attacked by phalic anything) to wisdom and knowledge, as you've just stated.

I like your interpretation it sounds plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I have finally found my dream dictionary when I read under reptiles it said the following...

Quote from Dictionary of dreams by Rose Inserra
    "As cold blooded creatures, reptiles are also associated with emotional coldness... The reptiles in your dream may represent someone around me who is acting in a cold or calculating way."

I'm thinking more of a combination of Kazza81's and the interpretation I found might be about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think it might be

Advertisement