Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blizzard support turn around time

• 03-12-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

After nearly a year out of WoW, I've got a sudden urge to play again. Thing is, being the forgetful idiot that I am, I've completely forgotten my account details :o. Went to account and billing support, where it gives you a number in England to ring. Due to my cheapness, I emailed them instead through their customer support form.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know what Blizzards turnaround time is? Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Have you forgotten everything including your login name or just your password?

Caus you can go to wow-europe.com and click on retrieve password, now that does depens on you answering your secret question which you might also not remember :rolleyes:

But just wanted to let you know of the option.

As for the wait times, from personal experience they take about 3-4 days to reply to mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Failed Salesman

To access the secret question you need your login name. Inputted the logins I normally use, no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

11DAYS! - by whicih point the email i received then asked me for the details ild lost - rubbish!

i just bought it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Someone in our guild had their account hacked and lost all their stuff. They got it all back in 8hrs which was pretty quick. I had my chars deleted and it took 4 weeks, so looks like there's a bit of variance in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Had to go through the whole forgotten user/password gig when WOTLK came out. Wow website + secret question yoke + email address sorted the issue in about 2 min :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Drakar wrote: »
    Someone in our guild had their account hacked and lost all their stuff. They got it all back in 8hrs which was pretty quick. I had my chars deleted and it took 4 weeks, so looks like there's a bit of variance in there.

Yeah this happened to our guild last night. One of the officers got his account hacked emptied 3 of his highest toons of all gear, mats etc etc and 20k gold, then hit out gb and got 90k gold and absolutley everything in it. within 12 hours everything was back and a few extra things :D They also resored all his deleted chars too. And he was using the blizz auth tool thingy, well so he says.

We only found out when i got a text this afternoon. Have to say were mroe then happy with blizz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055415808

Check out my thread. Been emailing blizzard since 09/11/08. It's now the 3/12/08 and I still havn't got an email back. Their email support is absolute arse. So is their phone support. I had to ring Austria to get through to a rep.

As a result of the poor customer service I'm just going to quit the game instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

After nearly a year out of WoW, I've got a sudden urge to play again. Thing is, being the forgetful idiot that I am, I've completely forgotten my account details :o. Went to account and billing support, where it gives you a number in England to ring. Due to my cheapness, I emailed them instead through their customer support form.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know what Blizzards turnaround time is? Any help appreciated!

Won't your characters be deleted???
    Im sure they are only kept for 6 months after no payment. Please correct me if im wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Krieg wrote: »
    Won't your characters be deleted???
    Im sure they are only kept for 6 months after no payment. Please correct me if im wrong

no deletion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I forgot the name i used for an account and they wanted my receipt, name etc. Wouldnt mind if i didnt request the info from the email that was tied to the account.

It'll teach me to stop using random/fake information and random secret answers when signing up to stuff.

When i wanted to switch emails on my main account they accused me of sharing my account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement