Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 ireland settings for blackberry Storm

• 03-12-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi
    im getting a bb storm 2morrow..getting it unlocked too

will be using my 3 sim in it, so what settings do i need to change in order to surf the net on 3? i assume this is possible yeah?

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the settings:
    ISP

connection name:3
    data bearer: packet data
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:none
    proxy port:0

MMS

connection name:3MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port:8799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

cheers man,

didnt get it to work but 3 told me that they cant support internet of blackberrys! rubbish id say!

but thanks for the info;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

ive committed to buyin a vodafone locked blackberry storm, which ill be getting tmor

i can get it unlocked for 50 quid which i plan doing

BUT..i heard rumours that i may not be able to use some functions..i dont care bout blackberry mail, but i want to be able to surf the net with my 3 1gb add on..does any1 know if this will be possible?

is it just a matter of changing some settings or does it get more complicated than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cojomo2 wrote: »
    didnt get it to work but 3 told me that they cant support internet of blackberrys! rubbish id say!

yes it is indeed rubbish. you can tell it's rubbish because 3 customer care told you it. you just have to change the settings but i don't think bb mail will work

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

Each Blackberry device out there works off a resellers/mobile networks provisoning platform, on this platform the reseller defines how each individual device operates, eg. Works in an enterprise enviroment (off a BES) or works off the internet platform (BIS) or in some situations both, however there is also another service that is provisioned here called "Blackberry Internet browsing service", now I figure that as 3 are not Blackberry resellers they will not have access to this provisioning platform thus enabling you to use the Blackberry internet browsing service, and so I fear you may only be able to use the basic WAP functionality if at all, because on these Blackberry devices there is also no place to actively configure WAP either as all this information is pushed to the device from the provisioning platform in these things called service books, and like I mentioned because 3 are not resellers there will not be these pre configured service books for you to use...

Not to mention the email service itself uses a specific connection to the Blackberry infrastructure, via the GPRS/3G bearer called Blackberry.net (for all carriers)...3 dont provide access to this APN, so to be totally honest and without sounding like a shill you're probably better off keeping the relevant networks you procured the device from SIM card in it...because all you have there otherise is a very fancy & expensive paper weight without any of the above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement