Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slope soaring in Meath

Options
  • 03-12-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I've been flying IC for a while, Rumour has it that Santa is bringing me a multiplex Cularis. Are there any slope sites around Navan / Trim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DennisZ

ask Santa to bring you brushless power set as well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I was very good this year, also getting a 2.4ghz radio.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

spadder wrote: »
    I've been flying IC for a while, Rumour has it that Santa is bringing me a multiplex Cularis. Are there any slope sites around Navan / Trim?

There is a pretty complete list of places to fly slope models in Ireland here:Model Flying Slopes in Ireland.
    It mentions a place near Slane, Collon but no pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

That depend where you are in Meath, but one of the best spot would be Loughcrew...
    Just for the view, worth it !
    You can fly a relatively large range of machines over there, but I don't really see a problem for the Cularis (thanks to the Crows!)

loughcrew.jpg

But depend where you live, there is also the Donabate area, some guys are flying gliders sometimes over there :confused:

Or you can always come and join us in Dublin ;)

Fred

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I watched a chap fly at Clogher Head several years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jeffpilot

Hello guys I am new to flying model aircraft as opposed to the real thing so I will keep my eyes open for all relevant threads. I used to toy around with it as a kid but it was different then, today there is so much more available.

Advertisement