Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevent water entering chimney

Options
  • 03-12-2008 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Where can I get a cowl type cover to prevent water entering chimney when it rains?

thanks & regards

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Most good hardware stores/ builer merchants.
    It will limit wind and rain entering the chimney but won't stop it completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

anon1 wrote: »
    Where can I get a cowl type cover to prevent water entering chimney when it rains?

thanks & regards

:confused:

As far as I can recall there are a number of chimney pot dimensions - so you will need to go up there, measure the diameter of the pot and then buy the cowl.

I bought one a few years ago, climbed up to install it and found it was the wrong size. All the way back down to get a ruler, back up to measure, back down to go to the supplier and .... well u get the message

Advertisement