Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drysuit Advice

• 03-12-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey. I'm browsing around for my 1st drysuit. I tried on a few the other day but didn't think they fitted right. What defines a good fit? I'd prefer a neoprene to a membrane but would settle for either. I'm 5'8" size 6/7 in shoes and am looking for a ladies suit. The suits I tried on were VERY big across the chest and shoulders. Any advice on sizing would be a great help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

you need to be able to roll into a ball i.e. curl up.
    so cant be to tight . and need to have some room so the suit is not touching your body ,or youll get cold.
    scuba dive west do a fitting service if thats near ya
    and theres different thickness neophrene 2mm 4mm 7mm etc. just make sure its compressed neophrene.
    i had a trilaminate suit and loved it by the way liked the way it wasnt as bulky now i have a 2mm compressed neophrene and where fourth element gear under it.
    latix seals on the neck can feel to restrictive for some people
    double seals on the cuff are a good idea too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

If this is your first drysuit it may be as well to go to your local diveshop, you'll pay more than you would online but the advice you get will be worth it.
    There is a lot to consider when buying a drysuit so some firsthand advice is a good idea

Advertisement