Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Democracy

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got d album yet? any opinions on it good, bad or indifferent? was it worth the wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Has anyone got d album yet? any opinions on it good, bad or indifferent? was it worth the wait?

Album's a bit all over the place, but i like it - definitely not a classic though. If it wasn't GNR and was just some random band, I don't think I'd have given it a second listen.
    There's gonna be no Noel Edmonds-esque rebirth here, I'm sorry to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Didn't do it for me I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

not sure what to make of it myself. liked a couple of songs buts others were kinda dragging a bit. i think axl did too much of his really high whinning and probably too much effects and that kinda stuff. all in all its not the greatest album ive ever heard and in terms of guns n roses own high standards probably ranks just above the sh**e spagetti incident album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vantasic

i like it! i wasn't a big guns n roses fan before it i guess i'm not now, i'm an axl rose fan i suppose. i enjoy te album though. the verse for better is fantabulous.the 'singy without words' bit on catcher in the rhy is pretty special. prostitute is the only hiccup for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

For Axl Rose fans only......i can understand if GNR fans don't like it though..
    As i am a fan......it's sounds good to me......all over the place, maybe......a lot of different styles in there for sure.

It's good to hear something from Axl after all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Production=good
    Songs=Bad, very bad

And I tend to agree with the above some of the songs do bang on a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Other than "Better", "Sorry" and "Madagascar", it is very poor.His vocals are weak and I likened some of the tracks to a cat being strangled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Brilliant album, such axl's 20 odd years of drug and alcohol abuse are taking effect, but guys, he's 40+ now...

and yes it isnt the Real GnR... But thank god for that

i think the old band have 1 album left in them... but this wouldnt be it...

the old band left after a string of rubbish ( right after use your illusion )

the new bands not bad, a bit of work to be done but haven seen him live there 2 years ago im proud of what he achieved.

it seems their moving in a new direction, a good one too...

but still id love to see them reform, but not until axl does another album or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just started listening to the album..not sure what to think of it..part of me thinks is Robbie Williams on helium with some heavy guitars thrown in..

I think the album has a definite identity crisis..it doesnt know what or where it wants to go or do...

but I do agree with a review that said it is about ten years too late..it defo reminds me of something/album/band I've heard before I just cant put my finger on it just yet but I do feel like I heard this album 10 years ago..its almost like I have rooted through my music collection and found it after years hidden away..

Its a bit of a mish mash..I'll keep listening for the moment

Advertisement