Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Account VS High Interest Current Account

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice. I have a graduate account with AIB for the last year and I am now thinking of switching over to AIB High Interest Current Account. Does anybody know the pros and cons of me doing this. Is it worth it? Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Depends on what your balance typically looks like.

HICA - better interest, and you get to feel like a "grown-up":D
    Graduate - free overdraft and cheaper loans.

Also, the free banking with the Graduate is guaranteed, whereas the HICA is only free if you actually use it (1 debit card and 1 internet banking transaction every 3 months). I also assume you are working and earning over 1,500 per month to avail of the high interest?

Basically, if you tend to always have money in your C/A, then go for the HICA. However, if you always tend to be in the red, go with the Graduate.

Advertisement