Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know why Canavans in Tuam is not open??

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Have been in this pub a few times on visits to Tuam and think it is great. But does anyone know why it is now closed? Was in Tuam the last two weekends and the whole place is closed up, no notice on doors to say why :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Think it's in the process of changing management.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

This pub was run by a Slovakian couple.
    They recently opted out and it will soon be re-open by a local guy who is taking over the lease.
    Watch this space.....
    I know the guy, but I am not sure that this is public knowledge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This pub was run by a Slovakian couple.
    They recently opted out and it will soon be re-open by a local guy who is taking over the lease.
    Watch this space.....
    I know the guy, but I am not sure that this is public knowledge yet.

That's exactly what I said but my post was somehow removed...however, mine was in different wording.
    Is there something wrong with writing the word "foreigner?"

It's the way I tell em......

Tis a pity, the slovakian couple and their running of the pub inspired the Saw Doctors song 'Ivana In The Brogue' apparently.

• Advertisement

I was actually in Canavan's the night that Ireland played Slovakia.
    They were excellent hosts and actually bough a round for the bar when Ireland scored.
    There was a grand mix of Irish and Eastern Europeans in the bar, with a lot of friendly banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

It's opened again - re-opened last Friday night.

Noelie McDonnell playing an intimate gig there on the 23rd of December. Should be great. It's good to see pubs giving original music a chance.

Advertisement