Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Track Day

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to get my boyfriend (who has everything) a track day for Christmas, where he can drive 2 cars around a track for a few hours. He's not that crazy about cars but I think he'd really enjoy it. Basically you can pick any 2 cars from the list but I'm not too sure what to go for:
    • Ferrari 360;
    • Lamborghini Gallardo;
    • Aston Martin Vantage V8;
    • Audi R8;
    • Porche 911.

Anyone got any thoughts/experiences? Any advice would be great!

PS This may be in the wrong forum so feel free to move:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'ld be looking at the Ferrari and the Lambo. Or the Aston... Buy him two lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Its a crime to buy that for someone who is not a car nut as he will just not appreciate it.
    Buy it for me instead :)
    The car choice would be a matter of taste. Id have a go in the ferrari anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

There is a tough choice alright. I think it would have to be the Ferrari too for me, after that either the lambo or the 911. It would depend on which 911 it was, if it wasnt a turbo or GT2/3 then I would go for the lambo. Am sure the Aston is class but it just doesnt appeal to me personally as much as the rest. R8 would be nice to try out too. Yeh I agree, get two, if he doesnt want the second one, I'll see it gets a good home!!:D

Where is it on? Silverstone? I presume UK anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Top present for any fella tbh.

As for what cars to go for that’s a very personal choice. I would have a hard time picking myself. But pushed to given an answer I would go Lambo (4 wheel drive might help him a bit) for sure and hmmmm……..

The 911 I would skip unless it was a GT2 or GT3. If it’s a bog standard 911 heck I’m sure he could bum a drive off some one who owns one :P.

The R8 while I love it is just an Audi badged lambo but then again I think the figures on paper would still beat the 360.

So the 360 or the Vantage prob go for the 360

Just as a question where is the track day held?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Matter of taste!

My choice would be Gallardo & R8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, yeah I think I'm going to go with the Lambo Gallardo & the Ferrari. The track days are held all over the UK, but I think the one I'm going to get is pretty near Luton airport in London. Could make a good weekend for both of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

I have done a few track days in the UK and by far the most enjoyable one for me was Palmer Sports in Bedford.

http://www.palmersport.co.uk/

You get to drive 7 different cars of different levels, speed, handling and nature. The whole day is so well organised and when you get the telemetry back from the single seater you really get sucked in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

SMM wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, yeah I think I'm going to go with the Lambo Gallardo & the Ferrari. The track days are held all over the UK, but I think the one I'm going to get is pretty near Luton airport in London. Could make a good weekend for both of us :pac:

One thing to keep in mind is some of these track days allow passengers for free some charge. So if you fancy sitting in while your OH scares the crap out of ya check if you have to pay or not or if you can even do it.

Only track days I've been on where in my own car in mondello, after the first session I had the shakes for about an hour. By the end of the day not even the near misses with the amco worried me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

unless it is the Gallardo LP560 & the 360 Scuderia....I wouldn't think he'd be that interested....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Can i ask how much that costs? Thats a great list of cars.

I've seen these in the UK before but the car list wasn't that good, normally an evo, wrx, caterham, and one or maybe two (budget) supercars cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Well the website I'm looking at is:
    www.trackdays.co.uk

It includes supercars, rally, watersports, skydiving, etc.

Lambo and Ferrari without a doubt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,456 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lambo and Ferrari without a doubt!!

For me too. In that order too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

SMM wrote: »
    Hi,

I've decided to get my boyfriend (who has everything) a track day for Christmas, where he can drive 2 cars around a track for a few hours. He's not that crazy about cars but I think he'd really enjoy it. Basically you can pick any 2 cars from the list but I'm not too sure what to go for:
    • Ferrari 360;
    • Lamborghini Gallardo;
    • Aston Martin Vantage V8;
    • Audi R8;
    • Porche 911.

Anyone got any thoughts/experiences? Any advice would be great!

PS This may be in the wrong forum so feel free to move:)

If you're ever single again could you PM me?

Lambo and Ferrari would be the ones to go for. Great gift btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

If your fella isn't in to cars that much, Lambo and the Ferrarri.

You just don't get to drive these cars every day. They are special.
    The are the bragging rights in the pub that your average joe bloggs will never match.
    We could argue the finer points of a 911 or an aston but for pure adrenalin and wow factor, two of the greatest and most famous car makers in the world would have to be the two for you.
    Ferrarri and Lamborghini.

Advertisement