Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Blackburn CC, 8pm Wed

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ShaneU wrote: »
    5-3 and not one station here showing it, typical.

It was the League Cup to be fair....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Great night for tevez.

For anyone who saw the full game was he playing diffrently or in a diffrent position.

Were blackburn awful?

Could not get a decent stream at all for this one >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Tevez was his usually roaming self, seemingly appearing everywhere and anywhere. Really got under the skins of the Blackburn defense. While Rooney is the more skilled player, I think there is noone better than Tevez for really unsettling a defense for the whole 90 mins, no matter what the game is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

they tore blackburn apart for tevez's third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just watching the highlights now and have to say I'm absolutely delighted for Tevez.
    He was your best player at the start of the season and I was very disappointed to see him dropped so often for Berbatov.
    Hopefully he can get a run if the team now...

• Advertisement

Anderson looked to have had a blinder too.

Very unselfish for the third tevez goal.

what a player.

Des wrote: »
    Anderson looked to have had a blinder too.

what a player.

Lol first the League Cup, then the world!

Xavi6 wrote: »

he's the awesomest player I've seen in ages.

extremely cultured, absolutely loves playing the game, always plays with a smile, has silky skills.

I'm genuinely excited by him.

have you seen the goals from tonight?

Anderson was brilliant for two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

He'll be even better once Fergie decides what kind of player he is...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just watching the highlights now and have to say I'm absolutely delighted for Tevez.
    He was your best player at the start of the season and I was very disappointed to see him dropped so often for Berbatov.
    Hopefully he can get a run if the team now...

+1

Hope he starts on Sat. I infinitely prefer Tevez to Berbatov. That 3rd Tevez goal was awesome. Half wish Ando got his 1st but sure he can wait to score it against Liverpool or something if he likes!! :D

Sorry, did someone say 32 years?! :pac: :D

Couldn't resist!

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    He'll be even better once Fergie decides what kind of player he is...

Or he learns to shoot.....
    +1
    Sorry, did someone say 32 years?! :pac: :D

Couldn't resist!

A storm is coming in your direction. Just you wait....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

highlights would be appreciated if anyone can linky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I havent checked, but I suspect they are on www.101greatgoals.com

Probably were on there before the goals were even scored....

Couple of crackers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It was probably a shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

ziggy wrote: »

With Brown and now Rafeal for competition I honestly think he his more or less finished. I can defintely see him been giving a coaching role at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

ziggy wrote: »

Yup, looks like 2 of the goals were his fault.

I thought Foster had a poor game, just going on the highlights now, I realise watching highlights isn't a true refelction of any match.

Only Blackburn goal I saw was the first, and there was not much he could do about that I reckon, would be interested to see the other two goals. Have the game recorded so might watch it later.

Only Blackburn goal I saw was the first, and there was not much he could do about that I reckon, would be interested to see the other two goals. Have the game recorded so might watch it later.

It wasn't just the goals tbh.

He flapped at a couple of balls.

• Advertisement

A storm is coming in your direction. Just you wait....

Black%20Cloud%20Backround.jpg

LOL didn't mean it to sound so cynical, more pointing out that you shouldn't look down your nose at the CC!! Moneybags or not!

:pac:

Foster pulled off some great saves in the first half. Bit bogey in the 2nd though.

The goals conceded were very disappointing from a defending POV. Mistakes from Neville, Pat, and I think Evans at one point. Plus Foster could have done better.

He was brutal for 2 of them and made a couple of mistakes from what I saw. Story of his season tbh.

He was brutal for 2 of them and made a couple of mistakes from what I saw. Story of his season tbh.

He hasn't been the same since his injury.

I fear he may not be the great hope people think he is.

I predict he won't become either Manchester's keeper, or indeed England's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Dave! wrote: »
    The goals conceded were very disappointing from a defending POV. Mistakes from Neville, Pat, and I think Evans at one point. Plus Foster could have done better.

Spot on, it's fair to point out the 3 started with the midfield losing the ball badly and not getting back. Woeful defending thou.

Worth to mention Scholes came on, top by Jan 17th I reckon. ;)
    He hasn't been the same since his injury.

I fear he may not be the great hope people think he is.

I predict he won't become either Manchester's keeper, or indeed England's.

Agree, he is 25, I know that is young for a keeper but he was and still is being touted as a 10 year number one at Old Trafford, havn't seen anything from him TBH. Hope I'm wrong.

I was talking about Neville but I agree about Foster, but Foster was only culpable for one goal!! :pac:

I was talking about Neville but I agree about Foster, but Foster was only culpable for one goal!! :pac:

Neville needs to go out on Loan for a few months, he is not going to get back to any sort of former self without game time.

Boggles wrote: »
    Worth to mention Scholes came on, top by Jan 17th I reckon. ;)

The day after my birthday? That'd do! :D

Yeah, but I was talking about Foster.

It's not all about you Neil, you know :rolleyes:
    Boggles wrote: »
    Neville needs to go out on Loan for a few months, he is not going to get back to any sort of former self without game time.

lol

• Advertisement

Too late in his career for loan I think tbh. On his current displays I wouldn't see too many sides taking him. Plus I doubt Fergie will loan out the (official) club captain. He needs to hang em up. Rafael has already over taken him.
    It's not all about you Neil, you know :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Too late in his career for loan I think tbh. On his current displays I wouldn't see too many sides taking him. Plus I doubt Fergie will loan out the (official) club captain. He needs to hang em up. Rafael has already over taken him.

Yeah I was jesting, forgot one of those smiley yokes. Without Rafael he prob would have got at least another 5-7 games. Oh Well.

What Do You Call a Woman with 2 Cúnts?
    A. Mrs Neville.

No Offence ment, got it yesterday and laughed I did. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Saw as much of the match as is possible with dodgy streams and Robbie Earle doing the punditry on ITV. I thought United were very good up until they went 4-1 up and then they went asleep like in the Hull game, all intensity seemed to go out of their play at that stage and Blackburn started to win the 50/50's and second balls.

Neville looked a shadow of the player he was, ball watching and being caught for pace numerous times. He also never put a tackle near Derbyshire for his goal either.

I thought Anderson played very well but was poor defensively for the third goal (might have been the second, it was late when ITV showed the highlights), I think Derbyshire ran 30 yards with the ball with Anderson jogging alongside him not bothering to even try and pressure the ball. Derbyshire played in McCarthy and it was 4-3 and a bit worrying!

Foster was definitely at fault for McCarthy's second, he stepped forward as the cross came in and opened a 5 yard gap at the near post. Schoolboy goalkeeping mistake.

Positive side, what can you say about Tevez and the passing move for Tevez's third goal was out of this world, reminded me of a goal we scored against Sheffield United in about 1994!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Draupnir wrote: »
    Positive side, what can you say about Tevez and the passing move for Tevez's third goal was out of this world, reminded me of a goal we scored against Sheffield United in about 1994!

Anyone got a link to this goal as my stream went a couple of minutes before and both mightyfootball and 101greatgoals seem to have lost coverage of the goals. seems like a bit of a clampdown on football clips on the interweb. Booooo ;)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to this goal as my stream went a couple of minutes before and both mightyfootball and 101greatgoals seem to have lost coverage of the goals. seems like a bit of a clampdown on football clips on the interweb. Booooo ;)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1823120/

Sorry, wrong goal - will be in this highlights package though:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1824342/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Anderson looked amazing in those highlights, and Tevez.. not too bad either:);)

Advertisement