Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Digital) Artist to collaborate with band??

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey there

I play in a new band which we think is pretty good and has a bit of potential - it's kind a mixture of velvet underground / sufjan stevens / arcade fire.
    Some very rough songs up here -

www.myspace.com/thecrayonset

We're going to be recording an EP in Jan/Feb..
    There'll be no money it (at the moment anyway) but seeing if anyone is interested in working with us in terms some / all of -
    - EP artwork
    - Website / myspace etc
    - Playing Live - visuals, props etc
    - promotional stuff ...

We do have a lot of ideas in these depts but not really enough time on our hands.... Might be interesting and be some good experience / exposure / be good for a portfolio or whatever ...- and who knows might lead somewhere

Apologises for lack of monetary incentive - if interested please PM

Cheers

Rocky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hey,

I'd like to discuss this with you further. Check out my portfolio.

www.youssefsarhan.com

There's a contact form, drop me a message with as much detail you have on where you see it going etc. Depening on how busy I am, I may be able to give you hand with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Rocky Racoon

Bump

Thanks for responses - and sorry for delay in replying back

Please PM if intersted

Cheers

Rocky

also - EP is being recorded at the end of jan so we'll need artwork ideally done in next 4-6wks. we've written up a bit of a brief for those interested - pls. pm if intersted

thanks

Rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

And no pay? Wow :P

3451qpt.jpg

brilliant - I like that...you obviously have a good point but I am being up-front about it. .. Have got some nice replies (thanks...) - as some think it might be good for their portfolios / intersting break from the day-job (if lucky enough to have one)

Also I hear back in the day - whenever that was - people used to help other people out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

I'd be interested in doing it, but only because I'll be teaching a seminar shortly and it might make an interesting topic to discuss, design from scratch to a finished product.

Although I love graphic design, and I do work for physical money, I think sometimes there are benefits to doing charity work and one-offs.

PM sent.

Advertisement