Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Maradona Tells Aguero: Sign For Inter

Moratti has been trying to get him and it was rumored that the only reason he offered Maradona a job as a scout(before he got the Argentina job), was to increase Inters chances of getting Aguero. Its also interesting to see him say that Inter would be good for Tevez, I think he would play well alongside Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Looks like Peter Lovenkrands is getting a contract till the end of the season with us. Sums us up really. S short term deal for an injury prone player, who no one else seems to want.

84266336.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732619E5EAA5E16316860E30A760B0D811297

The only positive to this, it should piss off the Irish Sunderland band waggoners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Another day, another pile of shite.

or you could say

another pile of Kaka (Spanish for shite)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

All the noises from Liverpool is that Heskey is signed, either a pre-contract for the summer, or straight away, will be announced in the week after the manc game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    All the noises from Liverpool is that Heskey is signed, either a pre-contract for the summer, or straight away, will be announced in the week after the manc game.

I think it would be a massive waste if Liverpool only get him to sign a pre-contract and not a move now. Heskey could offer Liverpool just what they need to drag themselves over the finish line this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Charlie wrote: »
    I think it would be a massive waste if Liverpool only get him to sign a pre-contract and not a move now. Heskey could offer Liverpool just what they need to drag themselves over the finish line this season.
    He would certainly be help, but its width they need more than anything, but then again I don't think their manager likes width is his team unless they are losing gmes.

A good example of this is the Champions League final against AC Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Charlie wrote: »

i agree and for the million or two it would take, it'd be worth it.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    He would certainly be help, but its width they need more than anything, but then again I don't think their manager likes width is his team unless they are losing gmes.

A good example of this is the Champions League final against AC Milan.

i think you fancy Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

i think you fancy Rafa.

Be very careful what you say to this man, Alan. He bites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

i agree and for the million or two it would take, it'd be worth it.

i think you fancy Rafa.
    I think its clear that the reason he has no hair is that he has it all pulled out watching the horribly frustrating football they play week in week out, if I keep watching them play I could end up with no hair myself.

We had a conversation about this the weekend, I love to see as many sides challenging for the PL as possible and I am harsh at times, but honestly you know it yourself. Liverpool go behind and suddenly theres width in the Liverpool team and the goals come. And when they play this sort of football I have no problem with Benitez, its when they play the weaker teams in the League and they are battering the ball off the brick wall that is ten men behind the ball and everybody knows that the ball is going to keep coming up the middle that I despise the man, when its clear and obvious to everyone that using the whole pitch will result in the better team winning the battle and generally Liverpool are the better team on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i see on ssn they're reporting that (they're calling it breaking news)

city are in talks with ac milan over the signing of kaka

no money talked yet

also harry is in milan
    the target is adriano on loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Berlusconi on Kaka and Becks

I honestly don't think Kaka will leave Milan and if he does I doubt he would got to City, he doesn't seem like the type who is solely motivated by money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gareth Bale to Inter????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Melion wrote: »
    Gareth Bale to Inter????

lol, that would be a strange one.

Smegball wrote: »
    lol, that would be a strange one.

its suppose to be on load

bale goes to inter and adriano goes to spurs
    both on loan

but why would anyone want bale atm needs their head examined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

i see on ssn they're reporting that (they're calling it breaking news)

city are in talks with ac milan over the signing of kaka

no money talked yet

also harry is in milan
    the target is adriano on loan

Sky will say anything. They used to be reliable but now they're no better than any tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

dor83 wrote: »
    Berlusconi on Kaka and Becks

I honestly don't think Kaka will leave Milan and if he does I doubt he would got to City, he doesn't seem like the type who is solely motivated by money.

He isnt motivated by money at all id say isnt his missus completely minted anyway galliani's comments made me think that there could be some changes in the milan midfield this year. So what is going to be different for him this time unless some of the players below will be moving on also with the addition of Flamini this surely increses competition for Gourcuff
    Galliani wants Gourcuff back
    Tuesday 13 January, 2009
    Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has stressed that exiled midfielder Yoann Gourcuff has a future with the Rossoneri.

Gourcuff arrived in 2006 from Rennes and was already being compared to Zinedine Zidane.

After failing to find space at Milan, the 22-year-old was sent on loan to Bordeaux where he has thrilled crowds in Ligue 1.

“Yoann will play for Bordeaux or Milan next year, nowhere else,” Galliani said to L'Equipe.

“We have always wanted Gourcuff and we are crossing our fingers that we will get him back.

“If Bordeaux don't meet the £13m fee we agreed for his permanent sale then he will return and we won't be letting him go out on loan again.

“He didn't play much between 2006 and 2008, but that's because of the incredible competition he had from Gennaro Gattuso, Massimo Ambrosini, Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf and Kaka.

“Gourcuff is an excellent player and he is showing that for Bordeaux and the French national side. There will be space for him at

Gourcuff is going to be a quality player, has been tremendous for Bordeaux this season with some skillful goals, would be a terrific player for any team.

JPA wrote: »
    Sky will say anything. They used to be reliable but now they're no better than any tabloid.

not as bad as the papers thats for sure

listening to those idiots on sunday supplement on sky sports trying to justify their stories makes me laugh

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Smegball wrote: »
    Gourcuff is going to be a quality player, has been tremendous for Bordeaux this season with some skillful goals, would be a terrific player for any team.

Totally agree. The lad oozes class. His performances since he began the season at Bordeuax have been sensational.

But as Liverpool supporter I of course have not very fond memories of the next Zidane Bruno Cheyrou :rolleyes: So all this Gourcuff is the next Zidane has to be taken with a pinch of salt afterall let's not also forget the numerous the next Maradona's from Argentina.

He scored an abolsute peach of a goal which had a bit everything a total footballer needs... this his most recent goal v PSG:

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/bordeaux/psg/1402/2723

Exceptionale :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

We've definitely opened talks with Milan anyway, but no formal offer has been made so it's not **** time yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if Kaka and Bellamy ever sign for the same team during a transfer window, that will be the day ill know football has gone insane.

We've definitely opened talks with Milan anyway, but no formal offer has been made so it's not **** time yet.

I would gladly take 100 million but only if adequete replacements are lined up. Probably a pre deal will be in place and when Milan get who they want then they'll happily let him go. there was talk of Cesc and Benzema and i think id take them over Kaka tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Trippie wrote: »
    I would gladly take 100 million but only if adequete replacements are lined up. Probably a pre deal will be in place and when Milan get who they want then they'll happily let him go. there was talk of Cesc and Benzema and i think id take them over Kaka tbh

Doubt Cesc will leave us this year, especially after getting the captaincy then missing so much of the season.
    Plus when he does leave us it will be for Barca.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Doubt Cesc will leave us this year, especially after getting the captaincy then missing so much of the season.

Barca dont need him imo but ye i didnt quite believe it when i read it however you never know the effect of Flamini enjoying himself* in Milan would have on Cesc.

Obv I have no idea if he is or not but he may have a little influence over cesc's desire to stay in arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I know his obvious first choice would be Barca considering it's his home club, but there's strong rumours that if he comes back to Spain it'll be Madrid, because Barca won't need him until Xavi is past it. Would he really join Madrid, considering deep down he hopefully still has some of the Cule/ Catalan bonds?
    Barca dont need him imo but ye i didnt quite believe it when i read it however you never know the effect of Flamini enjoying himself* in Milan would have on Cesc.

Obv I have no idea if he is or not but he may have a little influence over cesc's desire to stay in arsenal

Wasn't he best mates with Hleb and Henry though?

eZe^ wrote: »

Wasn't he best mates with Hleb and Henry though?

Oh ye this is all subjective but as you say barca dont need him and wouldnt launch a bid for him imo so as you say that leaves just Madrid in Spain who'd be able to afford him and as a result the friendships that may or may not have been formed between these players is irrelevant.

Can't see Fabregas joining Milan now tbh, hes destined to go back to Barca at some stage I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Oh ye this is all subjective but as you say barca dont need him and wouldnt launch a bid for him imo so as you say that leaves just Madrid in Spain who'd be able to afford him and as a result the friendships that may or may not have been formed between these players is irrelevant.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean they won't bid for him, but it is quite likely that Barca could waste 30 million trying to get him this summer when he isn't a necessity. I'd rather he stay at Arsenal tbh, gladly take him in a few years though. :pac:

Kaka at Man City eh? What has this world come to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/163100m-city-in-record-bid-for-milans-kaka-1334461.html
    £100m: City in record bid for Milan's Kaka

Eastlands club on brink of completing astonishing deal for Brazilian superstar

Milan's Kaka is the subject of a £100m bid from Manchester City that would more than double the world-record transfer fee

Manchester City have launched football's most astonishing transfer bid – a world record £100m cash offer to Milan for Kaka, which City were highly confident last night would succeed in bringing the Brazilian to Eastlands.

A source close to the negotiations told The Independent last night that the deal was "99 per cent done" following a meeting in which City's executive chairman Garry Cook and two representatives of Sheikh Mansour al-Nahyan tabled a bid plus an offer of £15m a season wages to entice the player. Though Milan have provided no official sense of whether Kaka is leaving, a report on the website of Mediaset, the media company owned by Milan proprietor Silvio Berlusconi, reported that the offer "would be difficult for Milan to turn down."

The carefully worded statement is understood to have been seen and approved by Berlusconi and City. The incredible sums on offer are, it seems, likely to swing the deal. Berlusconi has recently insisted that Kaka is not for sale at any price and a brief, untimed statement by him on Mediaset's website said that he "hopes" Kaka will stay.

But this statement suggested otherwise. "This time they [Manchester City] are here for real," it said. "They want Kaka at whatever cost. City moved to open the transfer bid. [City] have always wanted Kaka as their main target to relaunch an all-star squad which is capable of competing with their cousins [Manchester] United, the world champions." Also present at the meeting were Ernesto Bronzetti, Milan's commercial director, who has responsibility for transfers, and Kia Joorabchian.

Joorabchian, who has been working independently of Manchester City in the deal through his company Sport Invest, has been urging this offer for weeks. The businessman, who was instrumental in bringing Robinho to Eastlands has, as The Independent revealed last month, urged Cook to embark on the policy of attempting bringing a single mega-star to City, rather than to head down the route which Chelsea followed – of attracting many lower bracket players like Hernan Crespo, Juan Sebastian Veron and others. Joorabchian has told City that a player of Kaka's calibre now will help open the door to others such as Gianluigi Buffon, David Villa and Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer.

Kaka was always the top target identified by Joorabchian, who confirmed to The Independent last night that the figures quoted by Mediaset were accurate. Though City's new Arab owners have always been behind the plan, also advocated by the influential agent Pini Zahavi, there were initial suggestions that Mark Hughes was less than enthusiastic and it has been a concern to Joorabchian that Cook and City's managing director, Paul Aldridge, may prefer to head down Hughes' route of hiring proven Premier League players for the difficult months ahead.

"They are going for a big player," a source, who has been involved in the discussions, said in December. "If they really want to be a big club and move to a new level they need to get a big player in and that would mean one of Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo or Tevez, because of his availability. Unless a player like that can be signed then it will be a struggle and the sooner it is done the better, which means trying to do so in January. Then others will follow."

Many in Italy still consider it inconceivable that Kaka will leave Milan for a labouring City side. But there is a school of thought that Berlusconi has sanctioned David Beckham's arrival to give fans the sense that there is a new superstar to take the place of the outgoing one. Kaka has publicly expressed a desire to play in the Premier League and is known to have had discussions with Robinho about a move to City. The £32m man's presence would be a huge part of the draw for Kaka and, as things currently stand, his signing in the summer is looking a more vital part of City's development plans than ever.

If the Kaka offer does fail, City's bid for a megastar would appear to be labouring. John Terry is very much in that bracket, though the prospect of him leaving Stamford Bridge is remote in the extreme. Villa is equally reluctant to leave Valencia. That is why City are so delighted about the way yesterday's meeting went.

One view in Italy has it that Kaka will be persuaded that his future might lie elsewhere because he is no longer the most beloved player at San Siro. That position is filled by Pato these days. A move of such proportions would dwarf the £48m that Real Madrid paid Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001 – and delight Sheih Mansour. Rumour has been rife around Eastlands that the Sheikh has been looking for a "present" to himself and the club, capable of raising its profile as Robinho's arrival did in September.

:eek:

• Advertisement

I see Citeh might be in for Mauro Zarate. That would be a great signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Jesus they are offering Kaka €220,000 a week ! Thats €1,100,000 every 5 weeks. Insane money in my opinion but if some Arab is making it an hour then why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

That's just silly...

Wage cuts for us too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

lol, once they don't sign defenders, I don't mind who they sign..

the PL needs that salary cap A.S.A.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

the PL needs that salary cap A.S.A.P

QFT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

redout wrote: »
    Jesus they are offering Kaka €220,000 a week ! Thats €1,100,000 every 5 weeks. Insane money in my opinion but if some Arab is making it an hour then why not.

It says £500,000 a week here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7827696.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

ShaneU wrote: »

Why Kaka anyway??? He hasn't been setting the world alight of late! Surely if you were to break the bank and spend a ludicrous amount of money on one player, it would have to be Messi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Today FM are saying that Kaka has denied any move away from Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Why Kaka anyway??? He hasn't been setting the world alight of late! Surely if you were to break the bank and spend a ludicrous amount of money on one player, it would have to be Messi!!!

I would hazard a guess that they are currently waiting for their flight taking Arab Airlines from Milan to Barcelona.

City apparently going to unveil a new striker from Italy in the next 48 hours who ISN'T Kaka.

Adriano? Pandev? Trezeguet?

Probably Corradi....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, Inter want shot of Adriano, and have been pimping him to a few clubs so he would probably be the most likely.

Great player when on form but would hughes be the manager to keep him motivated if he has failed to remain motivated at previous clubs.

Steve Finnan to Hull for £1.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Back to reality! Good move for them and him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great Signing by Hull, they will gladly let McShane go back to Sunderland now

Melion wrote: »
    Steve Finnan to Hull for £1.5m

Is it not Kilbane? Or have they signed him as well?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/7830609.stm

Good to see Hull make some signings, hopefully with the right players they can consolidate their position (not that they're going down this season anyway).

Dave! wrote: »
    Good to see Hull make some signings, hopefully with the right players they can consolidate their position (not that they're going down this season anyway).

I wouldn't be suprised to see Hull go down now.
    And if he's spent in and around 5-6 million between Finnan, Kilbane and Boa-Morte don't think he'll be in that position next year if they end up in the Championship...

i see finnan is having a medical at hull

good signing for hull

why would anyone sign Boa-Morte tbh

he was ok at fulham but he has really been ****e at west ham

Is it not Kilbane? Or have they signed him as well?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/7830609.stm

Both

I wouldn't be suprised to see Hull go down now.
    And if he's spent in and around 5-6 million between Finnan, Kilbane and Boa-Morte don't think he'll be in that position next year if they end up in the Championship...
    Can't see it tbh, there's plenty more teams that are more likely than Hull to join WBA and Blackburn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement