Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

15.51 Sam Allardyce claims it would take a bid of £40million for Blackburn Rovers to agree to sell star striker Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City.

And it continues. Ridiculously inflated prices if a club knows Citeh are interested, RSC is not worth anywhere near 40mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Frisbee wrote: »
    15.51 Sam Allardyce claims it would take a bid of £40million for Blackburn Rovers to agree to sell star striker Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City.

And it continues. Ridiculously inflated prices if a club knows Citeh are interested, RSC is not worth anywhere near 40mill
    Maybe not to a club who has no relegation worries. He is worth a lot to Blackburn and selling him means buying a replacement and we would also have to pay ridiculous money for a replacement in this window. We would also more than likely have to put a relegation release clause of some sort in the contract, so monetarily we could actually end up in big hole at the end of the campaign if things went bad.

Anyways its up to Big Sam as he got that agreement before he took over, he has to agree to the sale or it doesn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think its just a way of saying hes not going anywhere til the summer unless its an obscene offer. sure mon increased his valuation of ashley young to £82m today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eagle eye wrote: »
    Maybe not to a club who has no relegation worries. He is worth a lot to Blackburn and selling him means buying a replacement and we would also have to pay ridiculous money for a replacement in this window. We would also more than likely have to put a relegation release clause of some sort in the contract, so monetarily we could actually end up in big hole at the end of the campaign if things went bad.

Anyways its up to Big Sam as he got that agreement before he took over, he has to agree to the sale or it doesn't happen.

But RSC has been very vocal about wanting to leave. And he hasn't been exactly brilliant this year either.

JPA wrote: »
    But RSC has been very vocal about wanting to leave. And he hasn't been exactly brilliant this year either.
    Well he has had no supply from the wings this season under Ince and he has been injured since Big Sam arrived. He now is back in contention for first team football, he came on after 70 mins on Saturday. Big Sam rates him very highly and while he has been vocal about his desire to join City, he has not been talking about any other club.
    As you say his season has not been great for a number of reasons, but he is not going to sit on the bench and sulk, he wants to play. He has always said that even though he wants to join City that he loves Blackburn Rovers because he revived his career here.

Its nothing like the Dwight Yorke or Dmitar Berbatov situation. Mark Hughes would not get players to stoop that low and disrespect their current clubs like a certain manager had done to force a clubs hand in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bellamy should be given a kick up the hole and left to rot in the reserves.

He has a long history of acting the scrote at various clubs, but despite all that I wouldn't have minded 6 moths of him at Spurs as we need a nasty little so-and-so on the pitch and when he puts his mind to it he's a pretty decent player.

Looks like he'll be off to Citeh though with the Beeb reporting he has undergone at medical at Eastlands.

There was also a rumour late last night that the redtops were due to run with a story that Spurs and Citeh had reached a gentleman's agreement that we'd drop our interest in Bellamy and they'd drop theirs in Palacios. Sounds like bullsh1t tbh, I've not seen any papers today so not sure if it even made the papers, but now there's talk of Wigan offering a new contract to Palacios and him agreeing to stay. All because Levy wanted to pay the purchase price over 55 years according to Bruce...:D
    jank wrote: »
    http://goonertalk.com/2009/01/17/exclusive-arshavin-agent-answers-gooner-talk/#comments

Arshavin's agent believes he will be an Arsenal player.

Looking promising. The player wants out to Arsenal, Arsenal want him, Zenit will sell. The price has to be agreed upon. 95% sure that this will be a done deal.

Word of warning, Lachter is very talkative, but not always on the mark with his comments. Not saying the deal won't go ahead though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Looks like Bellamy's gone to City for 14mill. 14mill!!! Milan should hold out for 200mill knowing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Looks like Bellamy's gone to City for 14mill. 14mill!!! Milan should hold out for 200mill knowing that.

how could any manager want Bellamy at their club

its just asking for trouble tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Its stupidity bringing Bellamy in.

Fair enough he has played well past few weeks.

But

So many times he has been injured, created rows on and off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Obviously a Hughes player, but how he convinced anyone else to spend that much money...Bit like Robbie Keane but gets injured aswell and has disciplinary baggage.

could have got Defoe for that!!!

• Advertisement

he's also 29 :rolleyes:

ill give him a season at city and he'll be on his bike

But don't you just know that now he is sold by West Ham who really need him that he will go on to be successful at other clubs like Lampard, Carrick, Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Freddi Kanoute and sooo many others.

Also his best season in recent years was under Hughes at Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Podolski going back to FC Köln in the summer. Woohooo!

That's a great signing by Köln. They've missed somebody playing off Novakovic this season since Helmes left and Podolski should be perfect for that role. Hopefully he'll be able to regain the form that he showed before he joined Bayern and Daum could be the perfect manager for that.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Signing Craig Bellamy for your club - The equivalent of riding a $2 hooker without a johnny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7838966.stm

Well that was to be expected. Anybody who thought otherwise needs to have their head examined. Well done Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sorry.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

"When I heard him say that he prefers to stay, that he doesn't feel like he has lost the opportunity to earn a higher salary and that he feels privileged to wear the shirt, he values the closeness and the friendships, the heat and affection that all the fans have shown him even in these last two days, I said 'hallelujah' and we hugged," Berlusconi told Italian television.
    Nice to hear tbh

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

17.30 Winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Portsmouth on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

17.30 Winger Jermaine Pennant has joined Portsmouth on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season.

It really is a pity that his head doesn't seem to be in the right place because he really is a talented footballer - oh well.

mayordenis wrote: »
    It really is a pity that his head doesn't seem to be in the right place because he really is a talented footballer - oh well.
    Well the transfers between Premier League clubs so far remind me of thisPWO3440.jpg

Bellamy to City
    Pennant to Portsmouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Palacios to Spurs confirmed this afternoon, rumoured £14m proce tag but I've no idea what the price actually was.

De Jong to Manchester City, confirmed.

8.30 Another interesting and widespread transfer story being reported is Blackburn's interest in Eidur Gudjohnsen. Big Sam knows the former Chelsea man well but will he be able to convince him to quit Camp Nou for Ewood Park?

If true, that would be a fantastic signing. Such an intelligent footballers and I would love to see him back in the Premiership.

11.29 Striker Marlon King is undergoing a medical at Middlesbrough ahead of his proposed switch from Wigan, skysports.com understands.

Manucho in
    King out

Fair trade?

it would ave be hard for king to stay after what he did to the captain

Manucho in
    King out

Fair trade?
    King not at hull?

King not at hull?

Aye

King is leaving Hull
    Manucho joined Hull

Aye

King is leaving Hull
    Manucho joined Hull

The skysports bit confused me in your original post.It said he was at Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Manucho in
    King out

Fair trade?
    Manucho might work out for them but he is pretty unproven in the EPL IMO
    King wasn't up to much, never rated him tbh

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, wonder what the story is with that....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Everton linked with Hugo Almeida

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The skysports bit confused me in your original post.It said he was at Wigan.
    He is on loan at Hull from Wigan

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

it would ave be hard for king to stay after what he did to the captain

what did he do ? I missed this??

joe123 wrote: »
    what did he do ? I missed this??

punched/slapped the captain during half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Heskey to Villa seems to the talk of Brum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Some good business by Wigan if they land Hunt for 5m, seeing they got a fair mount of dough from Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

yeah they've agreed a £4m deal for heskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Peter Lovenkrands gone to Newcastle on a deal to the end of the season, possibility of contract extenstion.

Free Transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Manchester City have reportedly offered Didier Drogba a four-and-a-half-year contract which would see him earn £180,000 per week -

----
    Manchester City have reportedly turned their attentions towards Sporting CP midfielder Miguel Veloso

----
    Spurs are ready to improve the £8 million offer West Ham recently rejected as they attempt to snare Carlton Cole.

----
    Hull sign Bullard for £5m

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Manchester City have reportedly turned their attentions towards Sporting CP midfielder Miguel Veloso

Hands off, he's mine next season.
    Plus they already have De Jong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

----
    Spurs are ready to improve the £8 million offer West Ham recently rejected as they attempt to snare Carlton Cole.

----

Barf!!! I'll puke if we sign him.

Hands off, he's mine next season.
    Plus they already have De Jong...
    De Jong and Kompany <_< I thought Veloso was on his way to Fiorentina anyway?
    Barf!!! I'll puke if we sign him.
    I don't think Harry likes Bent though does he :confused: Strange cos he's Spurs' best striker IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

De Jong and Kompany <_< I thought Veloso was on his way to Fiorentina anyway?

I don't think Harry likes Bent though does he :confused: Strange cos he's Spurs' best striker IMO.
    Kompany will surely be moved back to CB?

Yeh probably. But who wll be dropped? Richards I'd imagine...

+1

I swear to god if Wenger let's this one slip I'm gonna write a sternly worded letter....

I think you're right about Harry not liking him but Carlton Cole? I seriously do not rate the guy and he's had all his chances to prove himself. We need an improvement on Bent, not someone who plays differently but is equally as ineffective.

+1

I swear to god if Wenger let's this one slip I'm gonna write a sternly worded letter....

Tbh I haven't heard that many good thngs about Veloso recently. Sure;y Wenger can do better? Ever Banega maybe?
    SuprSi wrote:
    I think you're right about Harry not liking him but Carlton Cole? I seriously do not rate the guy and he's had all his chances to prove himself. We need an improvement on Bent, not someone who plays differently but is equally as ineffective.

I can only see CC being backup to Defo/Pav really.
    What to you think of Fraizer Campbell btw? I think he;s scored a few goals there the odd time he played...

He's done ok, but on current form I wouldn't have any interest in keeping him beyond the season. He's scored a few goals but overall doesn't have the composure required at this level. I'd say another season out on loan would do him the world of good but he'll have to considerably improve before becoming a regular first-teamer for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He's only got one goal.

sorry, 2 in League cup as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villla have announced they are discussing personal terms with Heskey after a 3.5 million offer was accepted

• Advertisement
Advertisement