Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Dacourt having a medical at Fulham, I think thats an excellent signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Especially for Lucky Lloyd
    Sky Sports News understands Fulham are in talks to bring veteran striker Brian McBride back to the club on loan.
    McBride left Craven Cottage at the end of last season in order to return to Major League Soccer with Chicago Fire.
    He had scored 40 goals in 153 appearances for Fulham after joining the club five years ago from Columbus Crew.
    The 36-year-old was a firm favourite with the West London club and could now return before Monday's transfer deadline.
    Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has been looking to improve his attacking options during the window and has already missed out on Manchester City's Felipe Caicedo.
    Talks are taking place between Fulham, McBride and the MLS in an attempt to push through a loan move before the window shuts.
    Meanwhile, Inter Milan midfielder Olivier Dacourt is undergoing a medical at Fulham ahead of a loan deal until the end of the seasonskysports.com revealed on Saturday evening that the Cottagers had lined up a move for Dacourt, who has been out of favour with the Serie A champions this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

This window is so old school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eagle eye wrote: »
    Especially for Lucky Lloyd

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

fn_mcbride22.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

some more transfers have gone through

pompey have signed striker Theofanis Gekas from Bayern Leverkusen on loan
    (who)

spurs are in talks with liverpool over Keane

sunderland have signed Tal Ben-Haim on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

pompey have signed striker Theofanis Gekas from Bayern Leverkusen on loan

I always rated Gekas in the Bundesliga, but I don't think he'll do well at all at Pompey.
    Flop in waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Is the window closed at 12am tonight? I heard 5pm somewhere but im unsure. Going to be very exciting morning if its 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tis 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tis 5pm

Expecting any last day excitement from City Xavi?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's ne'er a dull moment at the City of Manchester Stadium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs increased there bid for keane according to skysports 'sources'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Alex gives son Darren a dig out with the loan of a defender - United youngster James Chester has joined Peterborough on loan for a month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/7864630.stm

Kinda surprised to be honest, we are not great for defensive cover right now, and the reserves have virtually no one, wonder who will be drafted in from the U18's to play for the reserves, probably Gill as the other defernders are 15 i think.... anyway, way off track there :D.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Expecting any last day excitement from City Xavi?
    Dave! wrote: »
    There's ne'er a dull moment at the City of Manchester Stadium :D

'SSN understands' that there will be no last minute transfer activity for us so expect 4 players to be paraded later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I love the last day madness, hopefully it will all keep me entertained for a long Monday in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

THE MADNESS CONTINUES!!

1115: Sheffield Wednesday have signed Michael Gray from Wolves on a free transfer until the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Angelo Basinas possibly on his way to Pompey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

It's a shame that things didn't work out for Keane in Liverpool, till this day i don't understand why Rafa never liked him. Wtf did he buy him then?
    Also Arshavin would have been a good signing for Arsenal, pity they can't afford the 15mil price tag.
    All eyes are on Citeh today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

MIN2511 wrote: »
    It's a shame that things didn't work out for Keane in Liverpool, till this day i don't understand why Rafa never liked him. Wtf did he buy him then?

Apparently he didn't!
    Parry or someone else did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arshavin deal collapsed according to Guardian. Well might be collasping (headline not very accurate)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/feb/02/arsenal-arshavin-transfer-breakdown

I reckon if Keane had been signed against Rafa's wishes, Rafa would have resigned. I think Rafa did want him, just he didn't get what he expected in the end.

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    All eyes are on Citeh today :)

Why? We've already signed 4 players in the window. I can't really see there being anyone else.

The Keane scenario is far more eye catching than anything we have going on, as is the Arshavin one.

Apparently an extension will be put on the deadline by a few hours cause of the shíte weather from what SSN are saying. Cant see Keane not going now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/7864095.stm
    Accies sign Republic youth pair

Hamilton Academical have signed midfielder John Sullivan and full-back Padraic Ormsby from Eircom League outfit Bohemians.

The Republic of Ireland youth internationals are primarily seen as additions to the Scottish Premier League outfit's Under-19 squad.

Both players have signed contracts until May 2010.

Scottish-born midfielder James McCarthy is also an Ireland youth cap and is already a first-team regular at 18.

Lol transfer window extension so 'Arry gets his man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

God I love transfer deadline day :) There are always some gems, like this:
    1120: "Zinedine Zidane is sensationally coming out of retirement to join Bolton until the end of the season."

The weather is apparently cocking up a lot of transfers.

Remember last season when the ghost of Riquelme was spotted numerous times around Goodison Park? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭Trampas

Bent on his way to Blackburn.

Must mean cruz to man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lol transfer window extension so 'Arry gets his man

:rolleyes:

Trampas wrote: »
    Bent on his way to Blackburn.

Must mean cruz to man City

Could be more to do with Keane's proposed move back to Spurs. SSN reporting that the Santa Cruz deal has gone quiet, and that City aren't going to make any new offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Keane having a medical at the moment at the lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The league turned a blind eye to allow defoe to be re-signed within 12 months of signing for pompey, are they going to do the same thing again.

I suppose there's one rule for everyone and another for trendy London teams.

I'm sure spurs fans are nice, reasonable people, but I really really really hope you are watching championship football next season. I don't care if we go down, as long as |Tottenham do as well.:mad:

• Advertisement

SSN reporting that Inter will allow Quaresma go to Spurs, if one of Bentley/Jenas is involved in the deal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think you can only be registered with 2 teams in any 12 month period which would be a loophole for returning to your old club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The rule was put in place to stop abuse of the loan system. Not to stop transfers.

Anyway I don't see why Spurs shouldn't be allowed resign Keane once all parties are happy.

The league turned a blind eye to allow defoe to be re-signed within 12 months of signing for pompey, are they going to do the same thing again.

I suppose there's one rule for everyone and another for trendy London teams.

The rule was brought in to stop teams circumventing the restriction on loan signings by buying/selling a player from/to another club then reversing the deal in the next transfer window.

The signings of Defoe and possibly Keane cannot even begin to be described as organised enough to fit that description. Embarrassing perhaps, but devious? Not a chance.

The provision is there for the PL to allow this dispensation to all clubs not just trendy London teams.

And while we're on the subject of blind eyes being turned, remind us again how many days after the deadline had passed last January Pompey completed the sale of Benjani to City...

mayordenis wrote: »
    I think you can only be registered with 2 teams in any 12 month period which would be a loophole for returning to your old club.
    you are not allowed to sign for a club within 12 months of leaving them.
    The rule was put in place to stop abuse of the loan system. Not to stop transfers.

Anyway I don't see why Spurs shouldn't be allowed resign Keane once all parties are happy.

what, stop abuse like taking a player on loan, realising he doesn't fit into your team and returning him to his original club, but doing it as a transfer rather than a loan so the agents and player make lots of money out of it?

there was a thread the other week about how power is going from the players back to the clubs. I think Robbie Keane and Jermaine defoe have demonstrated nicely that players can throw tantrums and get their own way whenever it suits them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Maybe its just a Harry thing so ;)

And while we're on the subject of blind eyes being turned, remind us again how many days after the deadline had passed last January Pompey completed the sale of Benjani to City...

I wish we'd kept him and not signed the midget tbh.

I wish we'd kept him and not signed the midget tbh.

I wish you'd kept him too (apart from that goal on his debut obviously)

Jo is at Everton's training ground apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So what was Bentez on about that keane is staying?

• Advertisement

Apparently Jurgen Klinsmann, Ricky Villa and Gazza are also doing medicals at White Hart Lane along with Keane :pac:

Unearthly wrote: »

Good luck deciphering the things Benitez says.

Unearthly wrote: »

He said "I hope so" when asked was he staying.

He was hardly going to say "nah, I'm driving him down to London right now" when both clubs were still negotiating over the transfer, was he?

Redknapp gets caned for saying too much, Rafa for not saying enough...:confused:

Apparently Jurgen Klinsmann, Ricky Villa and Gazza are also doing medicals at White Hart Lane along with Keane :pac:

Anything brewing at Eastlands from your forums or anything?

JPA wrote: »
    Anything brewing at Eastlands from your forums or anything?

Jo to Everton on loan.

Absolutely zilch coming in.

Also plenty of 'Hughes Out' threads to stifle the boredom.

I'm wondering if Arry will take Lauren and Djimi Traore off our hands as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Saviola to City on loan is flying around the net at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He said "I hope so" when asked was he staying.

He was hardly going to say "nah, I'm driving him down to London right now" when both clubs were still negotiating over the transfer, was he?

Redknapp gets caned for saying too much, Rafa for not saying enough...:confused:

looooool

I caned Benitez? stop having a laugh. Asked a question, which you answered, so pipe down with the caning talk

Seaneh wrote: »

Really? Any links? Nothing on our forum so far.

Seaneh wrote: »

That's the type of player they don't need. They need a big bastard up front.

Kasper Schmeichel wants out on loan now apparently. Sounds good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement