Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

India and Pakistan

Options
  • 03-12-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I fear we could be on the brink of WWI-style situation where we lose control of events. In the run-up to WWI, even though everyone knew on some level that nationalistic overreaction would lead to even more horrible outcomes, the internal politics drove them all past the point of no return. Events ultimately spiraled out of control, and the 20th Century never fully recovered.

India's Wondering, 'If the U.S. Can Bomb Pakistan, Why Can't We?'

I can understand Indians wanting to defend themselves from terrorist attacks. I also believe that the Pakistani government cannot appear too western without risking being overthrown. I fear like the first quote that small reactions will build into a conflict between two nuclear powers.

What do you think is going to happen? How do you think both governments should react to the terrorist attack on Mumbai?

Advertisement