Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams for President?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

TOMASJ wrote: »
    Your brother is living in a foreign country England,You would not expect him to be able to vote while living there, or Iraq or any other foreign land,
    I live in Ireland, in the occupied bit and at the moment --(though Sinn Fein are trying to make changes to them rules) have no say in who is elected in my own land of birth.
    You don't live in Ireland, as defined by the constitution and in law for the purposes of determining residency. You can argue about whether or not you'd like that to change, but not in this thread. As it is, your use of the word "occupied" could be construed as a direct breach of the clear instruction I've already given.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

=oscarBravo;58175450]You don't live in Ireland, as defined by the constitution and in law for the purposes of determining residency.
    Can you be a bit clearer on what you are stating here, if Ulster is not in Ireland then where do you think or where would you like it to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Was there something unclear about my direct and repeated instruction not to drag this off-topic into a discussion about the politics of Northern Ireland?

For the hard of thinking: that was a rhetorical question. Get back on topic, or get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Michael O'Leary :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I wouldn't rule out Gerry getting the nomination.

Now, although most people in the south will generally refuse to vote Sinn Fein under any circumstances, it might be different with Gerry.

He's a very intelligent guy. He's a likable guy. He would be a much more visible president than what we usually get(which is something that annoys a lot of Irish people)

I wouldn't rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

He's a very intelligent guy.
    :rolleyes:
    He's a likable guy.
    He would be a much more visible president than what we usually get (which is something that annoys a lot of Irish people)
    Oh yes indeed, seeing him on the News as the President of Sinn Fein & the President of Ireland ~ something that would not only annoy a lot of Irish people but would also drive a wedge between the (Orange & Green), I cant honestly think of a more unsuitable 'Presidential' candidate than Adams. apart from Michael Stone.
    I wouldn't rule it out.

Smoke Dream on baby ...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'd pay good money to see Mary Harney run, just run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Camelot wrote: »
    Michael O'Leary :D

Funny how every problem Ireland has, be it Health Servic, Public Service etc can be solved by this guy. Where did he acquire this midas touch?

The <insert public service> is gone to the dogs we need Michael O'Leary to sort it out.

It really annoys the shite outta me when I see posts like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Camelot wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Oh yes indeed, seeing him on the News as the President of Sinn Fein & the President of Ireland ~ something that would not only annoy a lot of Irish people but would also drive a wedge between the (Orange & Green), I cant honestly think of a more unsuitable 'Presidential' candidate than Adams. apart from Michael Stone.

Smoke Dream on baby ...................

Just to be clear I'd leave the country if he got it & live somewhere they think Ireland is still part of the UK. Nice use of roll eye smiley faces for argument, that's never used by people who are full of sh*t. He is intelligent and likable, doesn't mean he's not a terrorist of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Nodin wrote: »
    And sure why not. Nobody blinks at eye at Nelson Mandela, yet I remember when he and the ANC were listed as terrorists by the Yanks. And I'm only 39.

Indeed! Adams, who played a large part in the peace process and bringing most of the provos with him on the democratic route deserves a lot of praise and respect and would imo be a serious candidate for President.

He probably is too republican for some of the partitionists on these boards though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

:confused:

By one of the following:

* At least twenty members of the Oireachtas
    * At least four county or city councils
    * Themselves (in the case of an incumbent or former president that has served one term)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

:confused:

By one of the following:

* At least twenty members of the Oireachtas
    * At least four county or city councils
    * Themselves (in the case of an incumbent or former president that has served one term)

Ah, see if you'd read the thread properly you'd see that that is the issue at hand here; the nomination process and the rigidness of it. ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd rather **** sand.

i'd rather **** sand.

Wow, very insightful contribution!

Wow, very insightful contribution!
    Likewise.

I'm closing this thread, as there seems to be very little interest in discussing the issue the OP raised, instead (unfortunately) focussing on the thread title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement