Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

use hosts sitebuilder or template?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

use hosts sitebuilder or template?

I am trying to put together a small e-store and dunno whether to use the online sitebuilding application from the host or to purchase a templete?

I have alwaysamber as a host and their site builder is quite simple to use but
    it doesnt create great results

I have a few practice templates but cant find the option to upload them anywhere in the control panel ??

any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

For assistance on using the control panel, please contact your host's support desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Careful now,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you use your hosting provider's sitebuilder you may run into issues if you want to move the site at a later stage, whereas if you use a template (or whatever) it will be a lot more portable.

Of course a lot will depend on your own skills etc., so it's really up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

There are dozens of template based systems for shopping carts and a good hosting provider will have one of two of them available as a single click install via your control panel. Usually they give you Zen Cart or OsCommerce.

There are books on how to customise both systems.

You don't need to be a programmer and you can get the look you want if you can rustle up some html and css. All the functionality is built in and has been done for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement