Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband and Telephone Service

Options
  • 03-12-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello, Has anyone experienced any downtime with the upc telephone and broadband service today 03/12/08. My service has been down and then intermittant all day from 9 this morning.

After reporting the issue, i got the usual troubleshooting waffle which i did to prove the issue was not with my equipment. They then admitted there was an issue and this is currently being investigated.

I was told this may take 2 to 3 days to resolve, which to my mind is not good enough.

Has anyonme else experienced the same today ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If the broadband connection was down then they would not be here to respond to you. :D

Anyway, make sure you make records on your OS notepad or similar of all conversations and if your connection is slow make records of http://www.speedtest.net/ and approach them for a refund of a months payment. Its only fair, you pay for a service that they cannot provide.

Make sure you have done your homework first.

You must by law allow them 3 opportunities to fix the issue over a reasonable time. If they cannot resolve the issue you are allowed to leave your contract early and go to another provider.

Today on the radio they noted that the best providers in the country were BT, Digiweb and Perlico

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

If the broadband connection was down then they would not be here to respond to you. :D

Anyway, make sure you make records on your OS notepad or similar of all conversations and if your connection is slow make records of http://www.speedtest.net/ and approach them for a refund of a months payment. Its only fair, you pay for a service that they cannot provide.

Make sure you have done your homework first.

You must by law allow them 3 opportunities to fix the issue over a reasonable time. If they cannot resolve the issue you are allowed to leave your contract early and go to another provider.

Today on the radio they noted that the best providers in the country were BT, Digiweb and Perlico

Cheers Mate. Thankfully my folks have broadband from another provider, hence my online activity.:D

Very frustrating though, but yes I will be keeping records, and yes i will keep on their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Their customer service is a joke in my opinion, as are most companies...even Perlico that got an award for theirs!! Dont even ask me how!!

Advertisement