Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

south america info needed for travel agents

• 03-12-2008 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hi,

im looking for advice from anyone who has tarvelled through south america.

im headin to SA on my own in march and would like to book a trip for about 1.5 months with a reputable company.

the places i have to visit are as follows
    rio
    buenes aires
    inca trail,
    lake titikacka
    nazcar lines
    galapoges islands

if anyone has any recommendations on a reputable company that can cater for my needs, any advice welcome,

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Don't think there is any need to book a tour, unless you were really short on time. It's an easy place to travel and the public transport is very good! It'd cost you a fortune too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

ye baegan is right.

im currently in la paz bolivia at the mo, have bussed my way accross peru.

you can book it all when you get here, DO NOT BOOK ONLINE, youll pay a fortune, unless you wanna do the inca trail... you have to book this a couple of months in advance, so youll have to book online...

i did the jungle trek myself... which was great, you still go on part of the inca trail and you mountain bike down a mountain... great laugh... cost is between 160 and 180 dollars, depending on your bargaining skills.

i started in lima... nothing much to do there so a night will do... bus to nasca, saw a few nasca lines... didnt do the plane, went up the funny watch tower instead... bus to arequipa, really nice town, good to chill and party... theres a big cannyon there... bus to cusco, big party town, youll book your matchu pitchu trip here.. 4 day hike costs the same as a one day tour... the train there is really expensive... not as rewarding.

now im in la paz, gonna check out the prison, then head to the salt flats... id recomend these, then gonna chill in sucre for a bit, do some spanish courses, then bus over to buenos aires for christmas... then up to rio....

good luck with your tour... check out the thorn tree forum on the lonely planet site... heaps of info on there

Advertisement