Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get veal in south dublin

• 03-12-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am having the inlaws over for dinner on Sunday and the recipe I am trying requires Veal Cutlets, any idea of somewhere decent to get them? I'm based in South county dublin.
    Thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The butchers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

any good butcher should have them. If not there is a butcher in Rathmines which i cant remember the name of! but they do all sorts of wierd and wonderful things like ostridge, buffalo, vennison and the likes. Im pretty sure you would get veal there. Do a search on the internet on butchers in rathimes (could also be ranelagh!), they have a web site detailing their foods.

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

actually scrap that its terenure, look up organicfoodsireland.com:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Thanks guys. To Bluefoam, yep the butchers was first port of call, but my local ones don't do Veal. I will try that place in Terenure, should have thought of that myself, plus head to the farmers market in Leopardstown tomorrow, I know the butcher there has lovely stuff, maybe he'll have Veal too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Lawlor's butchers in Rathmines and in Mortens by the Beechwood Luas stop would do veal. Maybe give them a call first as they'll often order in stuff they don't have on hand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement