Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst sections of courses

Options
  • 03-12-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

So what topics are making you want to scream,throw your book out the window burn it and then jump on the ashes?

History: Parnell and anything to do with that evil irritating fecker!
    Irish:leamthuiscints.
    French: opinion pieces
    English:Adreienne rich.theres a special place in hell reserved for people that irritating.
    Biology:respiration and photosynthasis.most confusing parts
    Chemistry:any sort of equation throws me miles off

so what about you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Irish:Paper 2 in general
    French:All
    English:Comparative (for me anyway)

Not much else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

Maths: differation how gay is this section like wtf
    English: Adrienne Rich wat a boring person keats ftw
    Irish: higher level in general espeshially(english shockin:D) the listening
    Biology: none love it
    Geo: F__ckin regional geography
    German: everything shockin teacher
    Buisness: another shockin one learn more history than business in that class

So im feiced in 3 subjects o joy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Maths:ALGEBRA. Am I the only person in the world that can do everything on the HL Maths course except Algebra? My teacher is completely mystified by it.
    French: The question 1s. I hate them I hate them!
    Irish: Everything
    Biology: Plant biology
    English: Poetry in general, it's easy but just so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

phasers wrote: »
    Maths:ALGEBRA. Am I the only person in the world that can do everything on the HL Maths course except Algebra? My teacher is completely mystified by it.
    French: The question 1s. I hate them I hate them!
    Irish: Everything
    Biology: Plant biology
    English: Poetry in general, it's easy but just so boring.

whats question one in french?
    i really should learn the layout by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Hmmmm....

Maths: Anything to do with having to draw stuff/angles, circle/line/trig/geometry, that sort of stuff...

Irish: All the poetry!

French: Opinions!

Biology: Photosynthesis, plant stuff in general.

They're the main ones anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Adrienne rich, despise the woman:( No notes and all her poems couldnt be stright forward, theres always other meanings!

Maths: Geometry, absolutely hate it, it's too boring.

English: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, the worst book I've ever read.

Irish: All of it.

Physics: Hate anything to do with electricity, find it too boring.

Chemistry: Titrations and Tests for Anions.

Geography: Regional Geography.

DCG: I like pretty much all of it, so far anyway.

App. Maths: Can't say I hate any of the course to be honest!

And thats about it!

I'm a bit confused too really... surely to be able to do the rest of the HL maths course you need a good standard of algebra, to an extent anyway?!

I seem to the opposite to most people! I like regional geography! Most of my regions are similar anyway so I can just learn a couple of headings and then adjust the examples to fit whatever region! Don't particularly like physical though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm a bit confused too really... surely to be able to do the rest of the HL maths course you need a good standard of algebra, to an extent anyway?!

That's what my teacher always says too, but I just can't do algebra... Always fail algebra tests but get Bs in everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

History: Parnell. That whole book basically.
    Economics: Costs. Markets. That whole half of the course really. Like oh my god how boring.
    Music: Seachanges. And melody writing.
    Irish: Has to be Stair. Its just tedious.
    English: Comprehensions.
    French: Q 1 on Production Ecrit.
    Maths: Circle.

• Advertisement

That's what my teacher always says too, but I just can't do algebra... Always fail algebra tests but get Bs in everything else

Well I suppose you'll be fine in the real thing then, you can just leave out the two algebra questions, and fly through the rest! :D

Oh I just remembered that I don't like management/leadership in business. Sooo long! It's not even that it's hard, I just remember it going on forever and ever! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

err..

French, all...
    Applied , all..i can't understand it

Maths, straight lines and transformations, and algebra( sometimes)
    business, community development, and the EU section
    accounting, THAT type of cash budget!!! and control a/c( we are doing them now and they are really confusing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 an_upstart

Maths- trigonometry is like being in the Bermuda triangle - lost and suicidal

English- comparative essay

History- anything in between the Big Bang and 2008

Biology- the Scientific Method... seriously??

Art- Bronze & Iron Age..?:confused:

German- hmm...

Chemistry- if I hear anything remotely related to organic chem my head will explode:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

For some reason i just hate the Irish part on the course its just beyond boring to me and doesnt interest me like European and American history for some reason its just all really flawed and i mean really flawed logic with ridiculously stupid ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maths: The binomial theorem and those things with lots of n!s in them. It's pretty sneaky, using ! to try and make maths seem more exciting.

English: I really like English, but I guess my least favourite section would be paper one as you can't really prepare it before hand so it really comes down to the day of the exam.

Irish: Some of the poetry is a bit dire, you can tell they were just trying to find any Irish poetry when they stuck it on. We haven't done dírbheathaithneas (or however it's spelled) yet but I suspect I wont like it.

Biology: Anything to do with ecology, dear god, how boring.

Chemistry: Not so keen on the first part of the course, all the atomic theory stuff is a bit boring, as is thermochemistry.

Music: I hate composing. Harmony is alright, but melody writing is soooo bad.

French: The worst for me would have to be the oral and the aural, I tend to confuse myself a lot when I speak.

German: Some of the written can be a bit dodgy as my grammar and spelling does be all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Piste wrote: »
    Maths: The binomial theorem and those things with lots of n!s in them. It's pretty sneaky, using ! to try and make maths seem more exciting.

English: I really like English, but I guess my least favourite section would be paper one as you can't really prepare it before hand so it really comes down to the day of the exam.

Irish: Some of the poetry is a bit dire, you can tell they were just trying to find any Irish poetry when they stuck it on. We haven't done dírbheathaithneas (or however it's spelled) yet but I suspect I wont like it.

Biology: Anything to do with ecology, dear god, how boring.

Chemistry: Not so keen on the first part of the course, all the atomic theory stuff is a bit boring, as is thermochemistry.

Music: I hate composing. Harmony is alright, but melody writing is soooo bad.

French: The worst for me would have to be the oral and the aural, I tend to confuse myself a lot when I speak.

German: Some of the written can be a bit dodgy as my grammar and spelling does be all over the shop.

I thought from my memory you were doing the drama An Triail in Irish. Im doing the direbeathaisneas A thig na Thit Orm.

You dont like Hess's law? I love the feeling of just crossing the compounds out!:)

Yeah the equations are easy enough to do, it's just a bit boring! Do we not have to study the history of some Irish writers aside from stái litríocht na Gaeilge? If not, happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Maths: Differentiation by parts. The only part of the Maths course that I've come across so far that I've no cluer what to do.
    English: Poetry in general. Only poet I'm able to write a book about is Derek Mahon. The rest them are just, ugh!
    Irish: Scothscéalta. I absolutely hate them. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! Why couldn't we do A Thig Ná Tit Orm or An Triail??
    German: Those bloody dialogues! I do OL and they're very very complicated!
    Geography: Nothing really, drawing out the outlines of the countries probably. I really don't see the point in doing that whatsoever.
    Chemistry: Atomic Theory. So bloody boring.
    Accounting: Interpretation of Accounts. Too many formulas to learn off and those reports are chores as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

English: Poetry - Really get confused by it all..
    Maths: Algebra - I can never do it.
    French: Nothing, love it ^_^
    Biology: Plant reproduction - biggest load of **** ever.
    Geography: Physical - Extremely boring.
    History: Parnell & Co. - Very tedious
    Irish: All of it >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maths - There can't be a worst section is maths, it's too good.
    Irish - Everything
    English - Poetry, I just don't get it. Why can't they just say what they mean. D:
    French - Oral/Listening
    Physics - Mirrors, easy but boring.
    Chemistry - Is all equally interesting, there's no worst section.
    History - I like all of it.
    Applied Maths - See maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

To the people saying they hate Adrienne Rich... for all her weirdly militant lesbian feminist ways, she's really easy to talk about because there's so much in her poetry... They're just all about society. Commence intelligent-sounding waffle.

Piste - yes, melody writing is SATAN. It's basically what's putting me off doing grade 8 music theory... you have to write some hideous, hideous things. Harmony is like a fun puzzle, though.

I always hated probability in maths. Okay, it wasn't too hard, but it was just so messy. The less English in my maths problem, the better, thank you.

Oh, and the bit on the French paper where you have to write something in English. What a ridiculous and often stupid question. Sometimes laughably easy, sometimes essentially unanswerable.

Oh yeah, those question 5s are always a bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ordinary Irish - Words fail me when it comes to describing how shockingly bad this course is.

I actually cannot wait to put a lighter to my irish book after the LC.

An absolute disgrace of a subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Art: Still life! I'm never in the mood to draw stiff life (I love life drawing) It's so boring.
    Biology: MRNA and crap. I've gotten a lot better at crosses, just the whole protein synthesis bit.
    Business: Just the vast amount needed to know.
    History: 1921-1948! BORING STUFF. Dev sucks :pac:
    Maths: Probability = lame.
    English: I love english but my least favourite part is probably um the poetry question. My interpretations are usually weird or "out there". There has been many a time where I'd give my opinion on a line in class and everyone would be like ":eek: Did he just say that?" :D
    Irish (last year when I did it): Tape! I have no attention span!
    French: Same as irish. HATE THE TAPE SO MUCH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Maths - Differentiation is not my friend. Also, infuriatingly, the part c's of algebra almost constantly stump me.

Irish - I love speaking Irish but hate the class. Oh jesus the filiocht... When we first read Gealt? in class I couldn't believe it. Oooh, it's about prejudice and junk, oh go f*ck yourself.

Biology - Plants bore me.

Chemistry - Organic Chem confused the hell out of me at first, but with the help of grinds it's slowly beginning to click. Also, Bohr's spectra ****e.

French - I am so screwed for the oral. I used to be a right little francophone but somehow 4 successive Gaeltacht courses over the years have nudged all the french out of my head. I still quite often slip in the odd focal when I try and speak french.

Music - Melodies are the thorn in my side. According to my teacher, most people only get the hang of it around April or May though.

English - I'm on top of most things but I frequently write absolute drivel for the short story/essay. I'll never understand how people can write a well structured, interesting story pretty much off the top of their heads in an exam... bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

MOST DEFINATLY SEA CHANGES IN MUSIC...WORST THING IVE EVER SEEN/HEARD ON A SUBJECT COURSE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KnockHoops

i failed my three opinion pieces in french in the christmas exams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Geography: The part on migration. Bleugh.

Physics: I don't like electricity that much, but that's just cos I don't get it. PArticle physics though, I can't wait for that!

Irish: I don't like any of it

English: Love it all! Except Rich actually. Bleugh.

French: Oral.

Maths: What's not to love?! There's no better feeling than getting out an exam question! :D

Applied Maths: It's kinda hard. Nothing I don't like though.

Music: Harmonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

maths: coordinate geometry... cannot stand the stuff

Irish: listenning

English: MacBeth... i dont mind the story in general but i hate the language

Biology: lurve it

Geography: regional is a bit of a pain, but its all easy enough

Physics: electricity and lenses/mirrors are just so boring

French: dont mind it that much any more... it isnt too hard once you learn off the verbs

Chemistry: i have a deep hatred for Le Chatalier now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Maths - The Circle: I actually hate this section so much. It's so stupid.
    Also hate probability. Just don't like it and the worst is when they throw some really dodgy question at you.

Chemistry - Water: This is a really stupid section as well. Doesn't deal with the chemistry of water at all and just focuses on treating water and sewage.

Applied Maths - Relative Velocity: Just don't get it. It's too confusing trying to imagine.

Biology - Don't mind Ecology since it's so easy. You have to do so little study for it. I hate unit 3 though. It's just learning so many random processes and bores me so much.

Advertisement