Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What download speed from NTL 10mb?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 7:34pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I moved into a new palce a month ago and not NTL 10mb.

From rapidshare I was getting download speeds of 1.2mb / sec. Over the last few days it has got slower, now I'm only getting about 700k / sec

Tests on speedtest.net never seem to be as high as they should, and don't reach what I get on rapidsahre - from dumeter

Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Zascar wrote: »
    I moved into a new palce a month ago and not NTL 10mb.

From rapidshare I was getting download speeds of 1.2mb / sec. Over the last few days it has got slower, now I'm only getting about 700k / sec

Tests on speedtest.net never seem to be as high as they should, and don't reach what I get on rapidsahre - from dumeter

Anyone else had this problem?

We have been shafted by NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

gsxr1 wrote: »
    We have been shafted by NTL

care to elaboarate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

neacy69 wrote: »
    care to elaboarate?

check the thread I started before this. NTL tech promised me that transfer rate would be better that digi web.

im really really angry at somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you're using Dublin as a reference point, change it.

Just checked speedtest.net using Dublin as the download point. Got 4Mbps (on the 10Mb package). Changed to London and got 9Mbps.

NTL's traffic was always routed through London, so maybe UPC's is too. Your machine may also play a part in it - the flash thingie used by the site will make older machine struggle.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You're right, got 2.5mb in Dublin, 5.7mb in London.
    Weird

Got even worse results from www.irishisptest.com - 1.5mb, why is that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement