Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a problem with 10mb ntl

Options
  • 03-12-2008 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I cancelled digi web today and got my new 10mb connection also.

yesterday I was downloading a film with 2000 seeders from a private tracker.

with digiweb it was coming in at over 700kb/s with Utorrent

now with NTL on a similar film with over 2000 seeders I am only getting 40kb/s

I have forwarded my ports for incoming connections.

But still no good.

what am I doing wrong

Please help. I asked NTL tech last week do they shape torrents and they said no . So it may be at my end.

366628787.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

with forced encription and high bandwidth allowcation on Utorrent I have got 150kb/s
    still sucks. Is this bottlenecking at my end???

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm pretty sure NTL are shaping torrents. I've never gotten anything decent from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

these ar results of a throttling test. test here:

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/bttest.php?

Is BitTorrent traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?
    The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

Your ISP possibly rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP uploads achieved minimal 29 Kbps while a BitTorrent upload achieved maximal 4 Kbps. You can find details here.

The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

Is BitTorrent traffic on a non-standard BitTorrent port (10009) throttled?
    The BitTorrent upload (seeding) worked. Our tool was successful in uploading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

Your ISP possibly rate limits your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests a TCP uploads achieved minimal 800 Kbps while a BitTorrent upload achieved maximal 9 Kbps. You can find details here.

The BitTorrent download worked. Our tool was successful in downloading data using the BitTorrent protocol.

There's no indication that your ISP rate limits your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests a TCP download achieved minimal 303 Kbps while a BitTorrent download achieved maximal 410 Kbps. You can find details here.

Is TCP traffic on a well-known BitTorrent port (6881) throttled?
    There's no indication that your ISP rate limits all downloads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP download on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 568 Kbps while a TCP download on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 303 Kbps. You can find details here.

Your ISP possibly rate limits all uploads at port 6881. In our test, a TCP upload on a BitTorrent port achieved at least 29 Kbps while a TCP upload on a non-BitTorrent port achieved at least 800 Kbps. You can find details here.

For details on our research on broadband networks please refer to our network transparency project webpage

In case you have questions about this tool or our research, please contact us:

this test seems to think my connection is throttled.

NTL are liars

another good test here

http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/index.html

Advertisement