Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most regrettable trade-in

• 03-12-2008 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Whats the one game you regretted that you ever traded in? I was thinking of trading in GTA4 but I've a feeling the day will come when I think to myself "I shouldn't have done that"
    What about you guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

JokerD wrote: »
    Whats the one game you regretted that you ever traded in? I was thinking of trading in GTA4 but I've a feeling the day will come when I think to myself "I shouldn't have done that"
    What about you guys?

COD4 - I often get mad urges to just throw on a mission or 2, then realise I don't have it anymore :D Will be re-purchasing for christmas though...

I've traded in GTA4, trust me you won't miss it if you've done everything in the game. And besides, Saints Row 2 is out now which improves on areas GTA 4 was lacking in... ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

a mate of mine (non gamer type) recently traded in his PS2 pro evo 2008 for 2 euro off another game (not even cash)

was down drinking with him lately, and was dying for a game but this failure was pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

DarkJager wrote: »
    COD4 - I often get mad urges to just throw on a mission or 2, then realise I don't have it anymore :D Will be re-purchasing for christmas though...

I've traded in GTA4, trust me you won't miss it if you've done everything in the game. And besides, Saints Row 2 is out now which improves on areas GTA 4 was lacking in... ;)

COD4 no way, I'd keep that for sentiment alone:D

mayordenis wrote: »
    a mate of mine (non gamer type) recently traded in his PS2 pro evo 2008 for 2 euro off another game (not even cash)

was down drinking with him lately, and was dying for a game but this failure was pretty special.

thats why I tend not to trade in, the only reason I traded in Pro Evo before is because I preferred FIFA that year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

The most recent one was skate.

It was a great game and id love to have a game of it now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Gears 1

Now I tend to keep games i really enjoyed and just trade ones that i couldnt wait to get finished and to be done with the darkness and such.

Ive kept ghost recon 2 orange box etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Darkness and Kane and Lynch and only because I should have traded them in before my OCD took hold and I had to beat those two pieces of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

F1 2002 unusually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

DIRT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Fight Night Round 3

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Crackdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've never traded in a game in my life. Mate has a particularly bad one though. I'm sure he wouldn't mine me posting this here.

He traded in Suikoden on the PS... I think he got £10 at the time... He's expressed his regret on numerous occasions; not because of the financial loss, but the loss of a great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Lamposts wrote: »
    Fight Night Round 3

Zavvi have it for 30 quid in the classics range. Got it yesterday (again) and its savage... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I traded in condemned after playing it for an hour or two and then rebought it having heard more good things about it. Have subsequently completed it and it's sequel and will but a third one if it ever comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

PGR4. Only because I got €7 for it. It was in immaculate condition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Ninja Gaiden Black. Needed lunch munnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

COD4 - Was going through it on Vetern and it just pissed me off too much about halfway through. I will get it again eventually.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Got to the second last level, and there was a game breaking bug, which meant I'd have to start the whole game again. Promptly traded.

chrislad wrote: »
    COD4 - Was going through it on Vetern and it just pissed me off too much about halfway through. I will get it again eventually.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Got to the second last level, and there was a game breaking bug, which meant I'd have to start the whole game again. Promptly traded.

can't believe the cod4 trade-ins:confused:, just shows how good it is when you are considering re-purchasing it. Never played Ninja Gaiden but seen it mentioned a couple of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Skippy65

Lost planet, the multiplayer was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

****ing traded in loads of my gamecube games a few years ago and was raging!! Took me ages to reclaim them back from various shops and internet searching :D
    But back on topic with xbox games, definitely regretted trading in the orange box. Have such an urge to play that again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Been dying to get LBP for my PS3 and decided to trade GH3 on the PS3 towards it there the other day, (as the new one is out) got 40 quid trade in in extra (with guitar) and they had a second hand LBP for 50, so I payed a tenner for it, delighted to get it but disgusted that I got rid of GH3 as I loved it!

Then the day after my mate (a journalist) calls up to me and throws a cd in a case on my lap, LBP, promo copy, disgusted with myself then!

:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I traded, or rather swapped, my Sega Nomad for a Virtual Boy, not sure if that was the right thing to do!

I sold my first PS together with a perfect PAL edition of Castlevania SOTN, together with the art booklet and the soundtrack CD, feck! I sold it to a friend of a friend.
    Then, nearly 7 years later, I was over in that same mates place, and I mentioned the game to him, and lo and behold, he had ben given the PS plus a load of games he never played, and there it was! Castlevania SOTN, plus everything else!
    I was reunited!
    BEST DAY EVER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I sold my first PS together with a perfect PAL edition of Castlevania SOTN, together with the art booklet and the soundtrack CD, feck! I sold it to a friend of a friend.
    Then, nearly 7 years later, I was over in that same mates place, and I mentioned the game to him, and lo and behold, he had ben given the PS plus a load of games he never played, and there it was! Castlevania SOTN, plus everything else!
    I was reunited!
    BEST DAY EVER!

I like good news like this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Lamposts wrote: »
    Fight Night Round 3

I second that. Was watching the boxing Saturday night, and all I wanted to do was to play fight night. Roll on round 4 when ever that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

COD 4 I then bought again about a month later and played the hell out of multiplayer then traded it in again because the multiplayer was taking over my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I second that. Was watching the boxing Saturday night, and all I wanted to do was to play fight night. Roll on round 4 when ever that is.

Out in February/March! woot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Traded in my N64 with Goldeneye years ago against one of the launch PS2's. It had the extra memory and everything. I'd really love a game of that now. Although maybe my memories of the game are better than the game itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Pgr 3 & 4. 4 was a little too easy so I didnt mind getting rid of that. Bioshock, wish I had held onto that, although you can pick it up fairly cheap in Xtravision, used, steel tin for €20 I think. That game took over my life for about 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

I bought a bog standard xbox today ... With Fifa 09 ... Not into football.

A new game, not even left the store ... €20 trade in ... Its nearly €60 to buy!! Feck that ... Onto ebay it goes ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Where are selling FIFA 09 for over €50?????? I've seen it for between 25 & 40.

Advertisement