Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD player Renault Clio

Options
  • 03-12-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

People,
    my sister has a bog standard 02 clio with a casette radio, the radios display is built into the dash. question is can the casette radio be swapped with a CD radio and still work with the dash display?
    also where is the best (cheapest) place to get 1.
    i know i could ring the local renault dealer but she is on a budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

brosnadog wrote: »
    People,
    my sister has a bog standard 02 clio with a casette radio, the radios display is built into the dash. question is can the casette radio be swapped with a CD radio and still work with the dash display?
    also where is the best (cheapest) place to get 1.
    i know i could ring the local renault dealer but she is on a budget.

The paddles won't work unless its a Renault radio, well mine hasnt since anyway, and I had a sparky look at it.
    Not sure about the dash, but seems highly unlikley, most CD players have in built displays though so it shouldn't be a problem,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

When I had my Clio, the CD player was broken, so I bought a replacement unit (Renault original) off ebay. You can get tools to take it out, or else just bend a couple of pieces of coat hanger and it'll do the trick. It's really easy to change out, just make sure you get the code when purchansing on ebay.
    I wouldn'y put one of those aftermarket CD players in, it'll look crap in the Clio and you'll lose your radio steering wheel controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

cool, thanks for the replys. i forgot about the steering wheel controls, looks like she should go with a renault original ill try flea bay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

renault original is the way to go. I think this unit is shared with a couple of Renault models.

Advertisement