Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident outside harveys?

• 03-12-2008 10:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was passing through town tonight on my way home and the road to harveys was closed. Lots of Guards and Ambulance crew. The main enterance to harveys was closed at the time with blue & white tape (assume its the Guards one) covering the enterance. Think its business as usual as people are entering using another enterance. Also, the road may have re-opened since. Going to assume its something to do with the WIT Christmas day which brings large crowds of people onto the streets and often there are pretty bad accidents. Might be something else though.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A wall is suppose to have collapsed inside of Harveys. Atleast 5 people injured. Was talking to a friend of mine who was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thats a pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sully wrote: »
    The road to harveys is closed, as is the club itself i believe. Lots of guards and ambulances at the location with diversions and long traffic delays. Any ideas? Another wit christmas day accident i guess?

On a point of order, I thought idle speculation about such incidents wasnt allowed on this forum? Or does this only apply in certain cases?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

KevIRL wrote: »
    On a point of order, I thought idle speculation about such incidents wasnt allowed on this forum? Or does this only apply in certain cases?

Accusations against a particular group isnt. Speculation in general is. ;)

Harveys is open but the main door is secured by that blue and white tape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Well if it's still open can't be that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

jaysus sully wherever you go there always seem to be trouble or scandal ...i reckon your waterford's answer to jessica fletcher... remind me to not invite you to my next dinner party.. i dont want a dead guest whilst im serving the after eights :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

SUNGOD wrote: »
    jaysus sully wherever you go there always seem to be trouble or scandal ...i reckon your waterford's answer to jessica fletcher... remind me to not invite you to my next dinner party.. i dont want a dead guest whilst im serving the after eights :D

he was just passing by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A wall is suppose to have collapsed inside of Harveys. Atleast 5 people injured. Was talking to a friend of mine who was in there.

What? Really? More info, thats terrible!
    wrote:
    Durty!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SUNGOD wrote: »

haha ya I seem to always come across something on my travels! With my line of work, I am always out and about in the car mainly in City & County! A sungod dinner party with after eights... sounds like a plan :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The small wall with the railing on top literally fell over. It's still in one piece, just on its side. Apparently a girl's leg was broken. Dunno how true that is though as there was also a rumour going around that she fell out in front of a car and was killed. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Heard it was the small wall outside too, thing is they built that wall so they can expect a claim now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Adyx wrote: »
    Apparently a girl's leg was broken. Dunno how true that is though as there was also a rumour going around that she fell out in front of a car and was killed. :rolleyes:

;):rolleyes::rolleyes:well the broken leg is the least of her worries then:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

students and there xmas day at college, they cause havoc every bloody year with that!!! i used do bouncing in the city and hated that night every time it came around, they should confine there celebrations to the college, and as for harveys they were using that side door earlier in the night coz was passing there around half six and they had people goin in through it also

Tis offical anyway. On Beat just there - the wall outside Harveys gave way and trapped people underneath. People brought to hospital but no serious injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

there is no wall outside harveys, is there not just a railing embedded into the footpath ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭owenmakken

Obviously the wall was badly built so its nothing to do with drunken shenanigans, hope they take them to the cleaners - anyone whoi cuts corners on buildin even a wall should be flogged and read koran verses

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

daftdave wrote: »
    there is no wall outside harveys, is there not just a railing embedded into the footpath ?????

ah yes there is, the railing is ontop of a very small wall maybe a foot and a half high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Big-Smoke-Fire

Apparently it was a terrorist attack on harveys , They have arested one for questioning , A certain Bob Tweedy was seein reversing into the wall to try and stop the crowd getting into harveys and tryed to redirect them to rubys and adjoining pubs and clubs.

They are not ruling out an al queda attack also . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Apparently it was a terrorist attack on harveys , They have arested one for questioning , A certain Bob Tweedy was seein reversing into the wall to try and stop the crowd getting into harveys and tryed to redirect them to rubys and adjoining pubs and clubs.

Gotta be right up there for most random first post on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

It was an accident waiting to happen. Apparently some shady builder called Mr. Reilly built in back in the 70s before being hounded off to Torquay. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

anyone get a pic of the wall? im stuck in Dublin for the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I heard it happened after someone ordered a Harvey Wallbanger.

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

oh dear lord - that was a baddun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

i heard the wall inside collapsed inside and 30 people were trapped under it, bit of an exaguration i think. :p

Just some ****ty little wall fell down and i was talkin to a friend who was workin in the hospital and he said that nobody had anything actully wrong with them and they were either jsut milking it or they were just so drunk they were going to the hospital anyway!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Kahless wrote: »
    I heard it happened after someone ordered a Harvey Wallbanger.

Sorry, I'll get me coat.

I swear, if I hear that joke just once more today, I'm going to kill someone! It was kinda funny the first time, now it's just like nails on a chalkboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sack lunch

Minto wrote: »
    I swear, if I hear that joke just once more today, I'm going to kill someone! It was kinda funny the first time, now it's just like nails on a chalkboard!

Pretty hilarious if you ask me. But then it's my first time hearing it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kearney007

I was in harveys last night... all got hooked out after the incident... some girl did get taken in an ambulance... fire truck was outside also... place was cleared fairly lively.. but dont take my view to much cos i was mangle
    badgered!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

as mentioned the wall was 1.5 foot high and had no foundation.

if it was anywhere else and there was no chance of money it would have been laughed off.

Who actually was responsible for the wall? Harveys or the Council? Or someone else? I cant see many suing, as I would imagine the damage was little and most people were probably fairly drunk at the time! Surely a judge wouldn't take much notice of such a complaint?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

id imagine it would be harveys as there the ones that built it apparently.

Advertisement