Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSF health cover?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Does anyone have cover with the HSF? Are they user friendly, easy to deal with, process payments promptly etc?

I am thinking of changing from VHI as the prices are going up so much next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I don't know enough about the scheme to give you a truly authoritative answer, however, I know several people who have cover with them.

What I can tell you is that it is no substitute for health insurance and I think I may be right in saying that you must pay all the bills and then claim your money back, which is the opposite of the usual arrangements with the three insurers who will pay the bill direct.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

They are very fast - less than a week usually.

However they are really only for small matters and incidental expenses - they'll give you afew bob during a stay in hospital but thats not designed to pay for the actual hospital visit.

They are also strict in that pre-existing conditions are not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

I agree with the others - HSF is no substitute for health insurance.

Unless you have a history of sickness or attending drs, physios etc, look at a plan for theie hospital cover offered:

Plan B (VHI), I/We level 2 (Hibernian Health) or Essential Plus (excess/no excess)-Quinn

Advertisement