Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mom music...help??!!

Options
  • 03-12-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

this year i am buying my mom an ipod and putting music onto it before i give it to her for christmas!! but here in lies the problem....what to put on it!!??

she is mid 50s and likes stuff like norah jones, bit of U2, andrea bottcelli...anyone have any more ideas....please!!!!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Well if she likes MOR coffee table artists - Coldplay, Katie Melua, Amy Winehouse, Frank Sinatra, Snow Patrol, Billy Joel, Crowded House, The Pretenders, George Michael, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Phil Collins, Tina Turner, Michael Buble, Eva Cassidy, Sara McLachlan, John Mayer - to name some obvious ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

Josh Groban - my mum loves him!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

Maybe the Mamma Mia soundtrack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Well if she likes MOR coffee table artists - Coldplay, Katie Melua, Amy Winehouse, Frank Sinatra, Snow Patrol, Billy Joel, Crowded House, The Pretenders, George Michael, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Phil Collins, Tina Turner, Michael Buble, Eva Cassidy, Sara McLachlan, John Mayer - to name some obvious ones.

Great suggestions,

also ABBA,Rat Pack,Beatles,R.E.M,

Very thoughtful gift

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Along the lines of Michael Buble, but female: Diana Krall and Madeleine Peyroux, very easy listening. If she likes Norah Jones, I'd say this could be the way to go. Why not check some out on Youtube or something first. Also, as Laura mentioned, Josh Groban could be an option also.
    I also agree with Sarah McLachlan, but especially Eva Cassidy - everyone seems to like her!
    Might I also suggest Eddi Reader Sings the Songs of Robert Burns. It's a fantastic album, worth a look perhaps! I think it's fantastic anyway! If she's into U2 then I'd recommend Snow Patrol's Eyes Open as a safe option. Or Counting Crow's album August and Everything After.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Thanks a million guys...usually i am good at this sorta thing but i just couldnt think of anything!!! :) that all will be enough to keep her going! wish i didnt have to get her the new version of the ipod nano...i think the new 'shake to shuffle' featuure will confuse my technologically impaired moma!!

right i better get sorting out this music now that i have a list of artists!! :D

Advertisement