Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stress??

Options
  • 03-12-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

After reading some of these threads for the past half hour....i've came to the conclusion that some people are getting mindbogglingly(yes nice word) stressed out over the leaving cert in general......can i just quietly remind you all that there is more to life than school and exams, i know they are important,very important but stress is very needless.
    Some people worried about christmas tests like??come on......just do the best you can,thats all you can do after all..., i just finished my christmas tests and i did very well without breaking my back studying....some of you guys spending endless amounts of hours studying!!:eek: and then saying your screwed for a test?? calm down and just DO IT!! rank over:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    there is more to life than school and exams
    Oh damn! Nobody told me that LOL! Seriously though I have to do it, need the points and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

True that - about breaking your back studying.

For the Leaving Cert I wasn't that stressed to be honest. I knew the points I needed (350 or so - not a high amount) so I just worked my way for that part.

Now I'm in college studying History and Politics, it's unreal :). Looking back now, I was more stressed in 5th year than 6th year, dunno why really, lot more of a workload than 3rd I suppose.

Take it easy! Unless of course if you need six or seven hundred points. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Geography field report is actually killing me right now. Writing it out again..and again..and again..

I'm becoming an SRP junkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ozone08

Yes, there is more to life than school and exams, but, unfortunately, school and exams are sometimes necessary for us to get more out of it. I'm sitting here right now listening to a neighbour's dog barking which is driving me nuts. If I don't get a Leaving Cert, I won't get the points I need for college. If I don't go to college I won't be able to get a job good enough to buy a house somewhere more suited to my sensitivity to noise.

Dropped out of school at 17 without a Leaving Cert due to stress caused by bullying and other issues. School really messed me up and I've never really gotten over it. I'm 29 now and trying to give a formal education another go. I'm trying to teach myself seven subjects without help. I could probably pull it off if not for the practical work that needs to be done in a lab for the science subjects. Still haven't found a way to do that. It would be pointless for me to leave out the sciences as science is what I want to do and it's what I'm best at.

k, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

as i said....the leaving cert is very important! BUT people who didnt even do the junior still manage to become very wealthy,if your not too good at school, there is other things you are good at which can make you very wealthy..... pan out every1!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I know a guy who does 2-3 hours of study everyday. In 5th Year now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

thats outrageous....there's a guy in my year who just studys for hours every single day, and if he doesnt study, feels so bad....at 1 stage went to bed without studying...felt bad ....and got up to do 15 minutes study

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

I'm pretty laid back myself so I don't get too stressed out about things but I've a friend who is having it bad this year. Last year she was all motivated and done loads of study/work but this year she is nowhere near as motivated. A teacher even had a 1 on 1 session with her(at the teachers request!). The teacher was saying that she noticed she wasn't getting on aswell and wanted to help her(she also said she saw alot of herself in my friend). So if you think you are stressed out, think about my friend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm probably going to feel the pressure after the mocks. For now though, I do a small bit of study so it won't all pile up on me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The thing that worries me is that I don't know standard I'm at. I mean, I don't know If I could get 350+ points maybe I could, just don't know :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

creggy wrote: »
    The thing that worries me is that I don't know standard I'm at. I mean, I don't know If I could get 350+ points maybe I could, just don't know :(
    Mocks!

Considering I need 505 minimum for my No.1 course, yeah I'm stressed some of the time. Doesn't do me any good though.

Just keep plodding along like the donkey in that song and sure "you'll be grand" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I don't get stressed at all about school. Probably helps that I only need 300 points for my no1 course. Though I haven't fully decided yet so I'm still aiming for around 500 points at the moment. Even going for that I can't see myself having a nervous breakdown or anything.

Advertisement