Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Air from Centre vents in my Audi A4

Options
  • 03-12-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Allo'

I have only noticed this recently since it has been cold out. I have the warm air on in the car and it only comes out through the side vents of the dash. Absolutely nothing cold or hot comes through the centre vents.

What to do?

All advice welcome except bringing it in to a garage or removing part of the dash. *aware this limits the repsonses

at least the air con stopped smelling like old gym bags, socks and manure lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is the system climate control (electronic flap acutation?) or manual air-con?

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Climate control. There is a setting for vents, dash, and footwell and if you deselect all 3 it becomes all of them.

There is also an ECON button. Pressing this deslects the Air Con and allows the heating to happen.

None of the above comes through the centre dashboard vents. The drivers side and passenger side are fine though.

Sounds like the signal to the centre flaps is borked, take a look at the link below. Its one of them (diagnostic jobbie)

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int5.shtml

Mike

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had a brand new A4 for a couple of days recently and I noticed the same thing....very little air though the centre. I didn't really have a whole lot of time to play around with the controls, but I thought it just needed proper setup. Maybe I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

God damn it. I figured it out. It was all my fault. Surprised?

I switched it off Auto and onto the vent and onto Vent and was blasted by a lovely warm breeze.

:D

• Advertisement

/shakes fist :mad: :p

Advertisement