Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB meter box supply from above?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

hi all, i need a bit of advice. im doing a rewire at the minute on lally road ballyfermot dublin. every thing being chased so its a pain in the arse. im relocating the esb meter box from the back of the house to a meter box that will be built into a new porch. the thing is the old meter is being supplied from cables above not below the ground and im assuming that the esb will be supplying the new meter from above. iv being looking up some spec for the meter boxs for cable entrys and they all seem to be accessed from below. is there any way of getting the esb supply into the box from above or is it alright to have the hockey stick pointing up leaving an enterance to it just under the new porch facia for the esb cable entry? confused.gifany one with previous experiance with this situation? regards stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bottom left of the cabinet. Might as well do it right from the start. Otherwise you could run into trouble later on whey the cable is being pulled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

so if i cut out a hole in the bottom left hand side of the cabinet, put the hockey stick pointing in bout 35 mm and the other end of it pointing up inside the brick work as far as the facia(leaving a gap for them at the top brick), the esb would have no problem getting their cable down it? would i need to get an esb rep out to see what they want? is their a charge incured in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The rules that apply are HERE

The best way for to design would be like Page 19 from the NCP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

dav thanks very much thats being exactly what i was looking for. page 19 of the ncp. i knew you could do it but i needed proof and this is it so they cnt complain when they come out to relocate the meter to the new cabinet. cheers again bud

Advertisement