Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vintage shotgun??

Options
  • 04-12-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I recently was shown my great grandfathers shotgun. Its a "thrulock and harris" single barrel, google it but could find nothing about the make. My Father puts it at roughly 100 years old.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of this make or any ideas where i could look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jacobo

moose112 wrote: »
    I recently was shown my great grandfathers shotgun. Its a "thrulock and harris" single barrel, google it but could find nothing about the make. My Father puts it at roughly 100 years old.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard of this make or any ideas where i could look.

I found http://www.trulockandharris.com/

Edit: ouch, even though it has the same name, it's not the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

yeah found that one earlier alright.

thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭J. Ramone

moose112 wrote: »

I remember seeing a fine lightweight Trulock & Harris boxlock with 30 inch barrels some years ago, an absolute beauty. The owner was in his eighties and told me it was once his fathers. He told me Trulock & Harris were a Dublin hardware store and he believed his gun was Dublin made, possibly by one of the Dublin gunmakers of the time.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Thats pretty interesting one dad was always convinced it was a english gun. The one we have is a 32" single barrel.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement