Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book for xmass

Options
  • 04-12-2008 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

im looking to buy a book for somone for xmass . but im having probloms finding it and am looking for some help

the book im trying to track down is a 1864 edition of Journey to the Center of the Earth

if anyone has any places . phone numbers i should ring rough costings as to how much the book would cost

so far ive had no luck in finding anything about where to buy one. if they ever come up for sale ect..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Going to move to the Literature forum as this is not a PI.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

The 1864 version is in french and was originally called: Voyage au centre de la Terre. Jules Verne was french. It was also translated as Voyage to the interior of the earth.

The english translation was published in 1874. This might help your search.
    I assume you realise how much an original is going to cost you, and that its going to be nearly impossible to track one down.

You can get the newly published one on amazon with the 1864 illsutrations on amazon for €20.
    If you can track one down and afford it, let me say: thats a nice nice present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Just saw one on foliofinebooks.com for sixteen thousand dollars.

Advertisement