Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers Mid strength

Options
  • 04-12-2008 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Heard an ad on the radio about Bulmers Mid strength - hopefully it'll be available nationwide.
    It takes so bloody long for the brewers / publicans to wake up to the 'new' Ireland ! You CAN'T drink /drive these days, so the brewers /publicans wait til everybody's got the home drinking habit, THEN they decide to roll out LA products when the horse has bolted !!!:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

thought this available nationwide for some time now??
    Have seen it a good bit in pubs, havnt seen too many drinking it tho...
    bit pointless if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Better off with a pint of Britvic apple. I don't see the point either. Although I haven't tried it, it's available everywhere in Cork.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Capri wrote: »
    Heard an ad on the radio about Bulmers Mid strength - hopefully it'll be available nationwide.
    It takes so bloody long for the brewers / publicans to wake up to the 'new' Ireland ! You CAN'T drink /drive these days, so the brewers /publicans wait til everybody's got the home drinking habit, THEN they decide to roll out LA products when the horse has bolted !!!:D

It's 2.3%, so if you drink enough of it you'll still fail a breathalyser test. I don't think it's being aimed at those who want to drink (a little) and drive, if it was it would be zero alcohol. I reckon it's more for people who want to cut down on their alcohol consumption for health or other reasons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Zaph wrote: »
    I reckon it's more for people who want to cut down on their alcohol consumption for health or other reasons.

It's actually quite a good idea in that case. A lot of people won't want to get half pints, or will just drink them twice as quickly as a pint. At least with mid-strength, you're still drinking a pint at the same rate as normal, but only consuming half the alcohol. It's all about the psychology of it really; you don't feel ripped off or left out, but you're still drinking less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Zaph wrote: »
    It's 2.3%, so if you drink enough of it you'll still fail a breathalyser test. I don't think it's being aimed at those who want to drink (a little) and drive, if it was it would be zero alcohol.

I guess the same goes for health reasons, if you've to cut down on alcohol might as well not drink any really.
    you might as well be drinking cidona.

any hear about the new Bulmers Ice?
    I also believe that they will be releasing a variety of flavored ciders at some point. Guess they're trying to diversify in the wake of one or two years of slow sales.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I guess the same goes for health reasons, if you've to cut down on alcohol might as well not drink any really.

That's easier said than done though. Cutting down, especially if it doesn't feel like you are, is easier than cutting out. I suppose it's similar in theory to swapping your vodka and orange juice for peach schnapps and orange juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MattKane wrote: »
    Better off with a pint of Britvic apple.
    A pint of that would probably be around €9 in many pubs, 568ml in a pint, usually 150-200ml in those miserable bottles.

Also there are more calories in the juice, and certainly way more sugar, you would end up a fat diabetic if you matched the pint for pint.

Thing about these drinks is they usually charge the same amount, when the duty is less and usually ingredients too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

any hear about the new Bulmers Ice?

Stay away from anything with the word "Ice" in it's name

Advertisement