Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plying fifa 09 online

Options
  • 04-12-2008 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems playing fifa 09. I know i need to open certain ports but i cant get into my router settings to do so?

My router is a netopia 2247NWG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

You on Xbox or Playstation??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Playstation 3

Thanks

Is the PC your on at the moment on the same broadband connection??

Yep it is

Alright...

I am presuming you are on windows and I am also presuming you have some sort of firewall software on your PC...

Anyhow

a) In windows click => START

b) Then => RUN

c) Then => cmd

d) When the Dos window opens up (black screen) type => ipconfig /all

e) You will see a load of writing coming up, the one your are looking for is the 'Default Gateway', beside it you will see something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 (This is the address of your router)

f) On your web browser type the address of your router in 'http://192.168.1.X

g) Somewhere in the menu for the netopia you will see a setting for 'firewall' and just turn it off and it should work.

Is probably the quickest fix, though make sure you firewall software on your PC to compensate.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that i got into the page.

Would you know how to set it up? In the fifa09 manual it tells me to forward all data on ports 3659, 6000, 9808-9811, 9858-9861 if my connection is behind a router using NAT which i presume it is as there is a NAT section on my router page

Its alright i got a bit confused i have it working now thanks for all your help! ;)

No worries my man, Id give you a game only Im on the 360...:P

Wouldn't want to embaress you anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

arn't u lucky i spied this thread baraca...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU

NAT1 wireless. NAT1 = NO firewall for PS3; no need to open PS3 ports. for Eircom only. set router firewall to 'low'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Actually, this may be related to the free ping increase that everyone got nationwide with the upgrades to 7.6mb etc.

Since those upgrades, myself and clanmates cannot connect to each other sometimes, for in game partys and chat partys (xbox).

All happend with the nationwide upgrade of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Damien360

Go over to Playstation forum in games and it is being discussed again there. You cannot get the original netopia eircom routers to port forward for the PS3 correctly. Works for the 360 nicely though. Connect by NAT1 method mentioned in post above and move over to playstaion forum.

Advertisement