Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Future Project

Options
  • 04-12-2008 3:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

So, we've all heard from just about every party at this stage that one thing we need to do is attract the "high-end" jobs to Ireland, re-train the nation and get ready for the time when we leave recession behind. Of course this is made even easier by the government slashing I.T. funding in Schools by 39%...

I know in the medium to long term this issue will be addressed (starting with the INTO organised protest this Saturday to the time when the current Government gets changed) but in the short term this is an issue which the Labour branch in Wexford are going to address on a local level, with a simple, easy solution;

The Future Project over the next 3 weeks are asking all households that are replacing their computer this Christmans to donate their old equipment to us so that we in turn can redistribute it to schools. Most of the schools in Wexford town have been contacted at this stage and are interested in taking part. A full list of the participating schools will be available by the end of the week.

So, if you have any old computer that deserves a new home, let us know. If you have any other equipment that may be of use, for example a mouse, keyboards, printers, scanners, screens or even maybe an old digital camera hanging around let us know. If you would like to help but have no spare equipment, go up to Aldi and but a reem of paper to donate, costing around €2.00 - to borrow a line - every little helps.

If you are a business or know of a business that sells computers please let them know to ask customers to pass on their old equipment to us. If you collect any suitable items under the WEEE initiative let us know also.

Anyway for more information contact me on 0863953846 or wexford.musings.2009@gmail.com

Thanks

John

Advertisement