Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just starting off

• 04-12-2008 4:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hey all, looking for some advice here
    I'm thinking of buying a bike(my first)
    and wondering what type to get, wandering the net and reading articles I;m thinking about getting a Suzuki GZ250.
    Is this good, bad, indifferent.....any and all advice is welcome.

thanks,
    Blue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

That GZ250 sounds like a perfect starter bike. I don't like the look of it myself but it'll do! We got my GF a Hornet 250 as a first bike and IMO this is also a perfect starter bike! ;)

Although I got a Bandit 600 as a starter bike and I had no problems learning on it either! Depends what you're comfortable with I guess...

I'd advise checking out the "First time bikers" forum on Biker.ie. A wealth of information there!

PS: now is the time to buy a bike as the market has slowed down considerably since the start of the recession and there are great bargains to be had at the moment! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just came across this 2003 Factory Restricted Bandit 600 and I thought of you!

She seems immaculate and being Factory Restricted will make it very cheap to insure!

That bike would have fetched around €5,000 EUR just a few months ago and it is now going for only €3,495 EUR! Grab a bargain! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I have a GZ250 (first bike). It's comfortable, quick enough off the mark, and good mileage. Top speed is only about 110-120km/h but as a learner you won't need to be doing any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Red Hornet

Have u looked at any of these? Ninja 250, Honda Bros, Honda Hornet 250, CBR 250, Are u lookin for a cruiser, sports or naked bike???

Advertisement