Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 man Kara

• 04-12-2008 5:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

More to come :)

This is just for the lulz, nothign to prove here. 74 hunter, 80 healadin, 76 tankadin in blues/greens from ouland all bought on ah, 73 lock, 70 hunter(swapped for 76lock after opera).

attune - Pwned
    Moroes- Pwned
    Maiden - Pwned
    romulo * julienne - pwned
    Curator - pwned

Callign it a night now as its 6am and some of us have work :p

Comments

what was the xp like for the low 70's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nice nice... we had a screwy group once and ended up with only 5 people, one tank one healer and 3 DPS this was PRE PATCH. :P We did have some T5 and mostly badge gear, so fair dues to you guys doing it in that gear :). Mind you for a long time we only went with one healer and one tank and 8 DPS. I thought it was very very fun. I would love to see if we could do it with even less at lvl 80 :)

What is the EXP like at that level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Our Dk CL who is in full t7 is going back on all level 60 raids soloing them for the achievements, hes already done Onyxia and BWL all on his own xD not bad considering Onyxia drops about 200g.

I remember a kara run where we had 10 people, Palla tank, Resto Shammy, Shadow Priest, Mage, 6 Warlocks (back when we were OP) we cleared it in about an hour, was funny to see so many shadow bolts :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Xp was good, as lvl 74 with no rested i was getting about 1000xp per trash mob and 4800-5200 per boss. For some reason moroes only gave 1800. Obviously we got no gear upgrades from there, but it was fun doing it as a 5man i woudl reccomend anyone to do it.

This is a screen shot from just before moroes

wowscrnshot120408044447ra9.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

When did you start getting xp in raids?

I remember doing ubrs and MC at 59 in a raid and getting about 1xp kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

It's a five man group. They must not have converted to raid. Perhaps kara doesn't require a raid group just a regular group

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw the screenshot. Strange one alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Duplicate post

Psycopat, how did Moroes not wipe you guys?

8 clothies and no offtank?

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

WellyJ wrote: »
    Psycopat, how did Moroes not wipe you guys?

8 clothies and no offtank?

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

we just aoe'd them down, prot pallys are great for keeping threat on all and locks just seed of corruptioned them all down and the mobs after maiden that u need two tank we just nuked down too fast for them to kill anyone. Our whole raid had full t6 which made it a lot easier

Psycopat wrote: »
    we just aoe'd them down, prot pallys are great for keeping threat on all and locks just seed of corruptioned them all down and the mobs after maiden that u need two tank we just nuked down too fast for them to kill anyone. Our whole raid had full t6 which made it a lot easier

But Moroes Stunlocks the Main tank, and goes for the person who is second on threat list, presumably one of you warlocks, and makes a mess.

• Advertisement

I think we nuked him down too fast for it too make a difference, 6 destro warlocks in t6 made very light work of any encounter, he died in less than a minute iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

nice work, I know I'm personally going to get every instance/dungeon achievement with my DK

(whenever i get him to 80, bloody exams)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

done most of it with 4 people last night 80 warrior 80 retri pally 71 priest and 71 warlock piss easy tbh let warr collect the whole rooms me and lock dps
    reckon a pally tank and dps would have no probs with the place at all spite bane and prince and would suck though not sure if u could beat enrage timer

Okay all done :pac:

Nb - owned
    Aran - Owned
    ilhoof - Owned
    Chess - Owned
    Ns- Owned
    Prince..... 3man'd with no healer, just a 76 shammy healing from 80% downwards, healer ran in for some reason, and the dk didnt bother moving on enfeeble.

For this last part we used the same 76 shammy, me 74 hunter, 70 Dk who dinged moments before entering, 75 shammy and a 80 healadin in some pathetic green gear.

Mucho fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

4 of us went in last night. Not 4 80's, but ... 2 80's :P & 2 71's, we thought try get some xp. Didn't stay long in there but got about 3 Bars upto & killing curator.

71's priest & my lock, 80's warrior and pala. Decent xp like but my spamming SoC may have caused a few prob's here and there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Kara's been 3 - manned before
    Was on WowInsider

Not too sure what classes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Was on WowInsider

I'm going with prot paladin, hunter, druid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Berns wrote: »
    4 of us went in last night. Not 4 80's, but ... 2 80's :P & 2 71's, we thought try get some xp. Didn't stay long in there but got about 3 Bars upto & killing curator.

71's priest & my lock, 80's warrior and pala. Decent xp like but my spamming SoC may have caused a few prob's here and there :)

I was the healbot for this run.
    Thought id take my priest for the xp instead of the DK.
    For two 80s and two 71s i reckon we done well.
    Healing got a little hairy at times but not too bad.
    We might finish it off over the weekend Berns :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Cant summon nightbane & can't see how we'd get netherspite done lol. Would be cool though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Was on WowInsider

Was that before wotlk or after? That would be a monster task pre wotlk and pre raid nerf.

Did it as 5 for fun just before WOTLK (after nerf), Moroes was kinda tough and so was opera. Don't 100% remember exact composition but I remember Pally was main tanking most of it with a dps warrior as back up myself as Holy priest and another healer that i can't remember and one dps. Fights lasted ages but was a lot of fun when normal raiding seemed a little pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I'm confident i could solo most bosses on my DK :D

Death strike pew pew !

I'll try it tonight if im on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

nix wrote: »
    I'm confident i could solo most bosses on my DK :D

Death strike pew pew !

I'll try it tonight if im on :D

Put up a vid if you do, would love to see how that would work out. I'm guessing Huntsman and Maiden would be doable but couldn't really see moroes being soloed for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

ah might take me a bit longer to do it, as ive no key for kara on my DK :( have to get someone to open it for me =/

Im not 100% sure even a t7 DK could solo most bosses in kara tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Berns wrote: »
    Cant summon nightbane & can't see how we'd get netherspite done lol. Would be cool though :)

You just nuke NS really really hard, as long as someone has the green beam, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, you know?

Advertisement