Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vokera Mynute Boiler Service

Options
  • 04-12-2008 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Living in "The Court" over 3 years an no major issues with my boiler to date however I guess it should be serviced \ checked to keep it ticking over.

Can anyone advise if this should be done annually and is it Bord Gais I should Contact.

One final question,
    The sitting room gas fire we all have, turned it on last week for the first time in 3 years and there was an awful smell from it, do I need to let it burn away dust or possibly they all smell like this for a while on start up.

Can the Bord Gais Engineer also check this gas fire.

Cheers

Earlsie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

We had ours serviced by Board Gais, he also had to put a new timer on as the old one was knackered.. This was then simply added to our next bill..

As for the fire, yes that will be dust that you can smell, but wouldn't hurt for the enginneer to have a quick look whilst he is there...

Hope this helps...

P.S. think boilers are supposed to be checked every year...? not sure..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

P.S. think boilers are supposed to be checked every year...? not sure..
    They should be!

*rushes off to call BGE!*

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Thanks for the Info,

Better organise this today or I'll forget about it for another year, or two !!

Advertisement