Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brabantia Ireland Customer Service is awful

Options
  • 04-12-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

There is a known issue with the catch on the 50L Brabantia bins. I have mine about 3 1/2 years and in the Spring the catch broke. These bins are around the €130 mark and come as 'guaranteed for 10 years'.

Brabantia replaced the lid about 1 month after I contacted them. Unfortunately the catch on this lid didn't last long, and it broke in the summer. We are not overly rough with the bin, it is in a busy family kitchen and is used a lot. I contacted them by email again in July, and they never got back to me. So I contacted them again in September and again - I didn't even have the courtesy of a response from them.

So

[1] Beware, take Brabantia's 10 year guarantee with a pinch of salt.
    [2] There is a known issue with the catches on Brabantia lids.

I will have to pay about €40 for a replacement lid now :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I had the same issue, but couldn't find anyone in Ireland to talk to about it. Contacted the UK office, and was sent a few of the spring catches (not the lid, just the catches which are easy to fit) straight away with no bother and no charge.

Alternatively, go to their website, go to the "parts" section: http://www.brabantia.com/Index.php?page_id=83&base_group=26687&product=206179

When you click order it will ask if it's guarantee or purchase - if you click guarantee it will ask you a few more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tinytina

Thanks - I guess I will have to get onto UK to try to sort this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

sorry to be pulling up old threads but I'm having the exact same problem, well the catch is failing intermittently. When it becomes stuck I can pop it back out but if someone pushes the lid down hard again it will jam!

Thanks for the info here..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Small Claims court, unfit for its purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Small Claims court, unfit for its purpose.

Give them a chance to repair/replace/refund first, at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The issue with the catch is very common ( not just with Brabantia but with all lids with similar catches - forks regularly break on them ) but Brabantia leave replacement lids and plenty of spare catches with retailers to sort this out. Go back to wherever you bought it they should have no issue sorting you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Have they a contact number in Ireland??

Anyone tried registering their guarantee here - https://brabantia.otsgroup.eu/(S(ccok1puslxnir2m0woisc2v0))/Register.aspx

Page is an absolute joke!! Keeps telling me "Invalid Postal Code" no matter what I enter? WTF!!?? It also keeps loosing the information and I have to re-enter if I happen to navigate away at all, infuriating to say the least!!

Has anyone manged to actually register their rather pricey bin??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Over-priced rubbish, in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

replacement catches are available from stores such as woodies or atlantic.

generally no proof of purchase required.

Just as a matter of interest, why go directly to brabantia?

Finally managed to register on they God awful page! Bought mine in Woodies so will go back there if anything goes wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    replacement catches are available from stores such as woodies or atlantic.

generally no proof of purchase required.

Just as a matter of interest, why go directly to brabantia?

In my case (sometime in 2006/2007) I'd gone back to Woodies where I'd purchased it, with the receipt, and they were feck all use and insisted that I'd have to buy a new bin. They've obviously improved vastly since then. Good to know that Woodies and the like have them now (though mine has never broken since).

If anything does happen to mine I'll be straight back there. After all there is a big big sticker on the Brabantia packaging clearly stating that there is a 10 year guarantee!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mickr1

our catch broke , also the 50 l bin.
    i went to the brabantia site and ordered a new one.
    i choose the option "guarantee", although receipt long gone. i clicked "no proof of purchase" option.
    just put purchase date as xx/07/2009

was given the option of creating an a/c , although not necessary. i did and the order was accepted no problem

and below is the result.

Order number BRAB201201******

Your order :
    Catch for Touch Bin® lid unit - 1x 0,00 € 0

TOTAL Incl. VAT € 0,00

Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm closing this thread, as it's quite old.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement